No announcement yet.

compicated situation- advise appreciated

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16

    I think there is a misunderstanding. Kollerkrot was not talking about third world countries. She said that refugees don't get deported back to their country, but to a third country. That means, they can't stay here, but they won't be send back home either, instead they will be send to a different country (e.g. Great Britain)

    Don't get upset, please, it is just a misunderstanding.


    • #17
      Hi Vegado,
      Your story has to be published in the newspaper.
      Let me tell you, do not be afraid of your husband. Nobody is going to kick you out or deported. President Bush in his speech today said:"We are not going to deport 12 milions illegal immigrants....etc." Just try if there is any law school there, a law good student who will be graduted or specialized on immigration. Just check. On the other hand try to contact any church you belong. They will help you. SO you have not to pay money. Do not be afraid of being deported. On the other hand try women's rights foundation. Your husband in Iraq in a way is threating you and he is a psychological abuser, which is worse than physical one. You are going to win. Try what I told you. Keep your faith up and for the sake of your children do not give up.

      May God help you!


      • #18
        thanks for clearing this up vegado, my high blood pressure was so high haha, anyway sorry for the misunderstanding.


        • #19
          After reading your story, I think you might be eligible for adjustment of status under the battered/abandoned spouse clause. The court order is already an important evidence supporting your claim.


          • #20
            Thank you Templar, that is what the senators office advised, too. What would now lead to my other posting ( which is lost somewhere in this " who is a looser" game). What kind of proof do I need to send with this petition?


            • #21
              Instruction for Form I-360 has examples of the evidences you want to include.


              • #22
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vegado:
                Thank you Templar, that is what the senators office advised, too. What would now lead to my other posting ( which is lost somewhere in this " who is a looser" game). What kind of proof do I need to send with this petition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                That would be form I-360. First of all, you should read the instruction on the form marmaduk provided the link for.

                Generally the strong evidences are police reports, doctors reports, court orders and such. I guess you wouldn't have any police or doctors reports since he never threaten you physically, but he did abuse you verbally and mentally. The threat of deportation is definitely a verbal abuse. Also maybe you have letters from him that include harsh words. Find any documents that can substantiate your claim.

                you do have the court order. You said you filed the paper with military for abandonment? There should be some official military documents regarding that. Judge's order to sign immigration paper - I'd think that's a big one. Maybe you can also get affidavits from people who know both of you and are in a position to say that you were verbally abused and abandoned by him.

                I am not too familair with this issue. Perhaps someone else who has more knowledge in the matter will chime in.


                • #23
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vegado:
                  Hi, I just found this discussion board and hope someone can give me some advice.
                  My futur ex- husband and I married 1998 in Germany. He just got out of the military and we lived a civilians. We had our first son who is severly disabled. The marriage didn't last, so we got a divorce in 2001 in Germany. I didn't hear from him until 2003 when he wrote me an Email that he is back in the US, re- enlisted in the National Guard and is getting ready to get deployed soon. He asked if I could come to the US so he can see our son before he leaves. I flew to the US, and it seemed he changed a lot. He told me that he was sorry how things ended and the reason for his behavior was that he was so unhappy in Germany and beeing out of the military, and on and on and on. Well stupid and blind as I was I re- married him in 2003. He filled out all my paperwork for the INS so I would get my green card.I got pregneat with our second son in June 04. He deployed in July 04 to Afghanistan. Since the INS told me that it would take about 2 years to receive the GC I didn't worry about it. In February 2005 I called the INS to asked about my status and had to hear that they sended my paperwork back to us in 2003 because we sent the wrong amount of money. I never received it.
                  Well to make things worse my husband was due back to the US in Aug 2005, what he did but he never came back to us. His family and I found out on accident that he was back, that he moved in with a woman he met over there, I filed all the paperwork with the military for abandonnment and so on but there was not much they could do since he was just NG. He filed for a divorce, quit sending us money and I was here without any legal status. friends gave me the money for an attorney and we went to court for support. In between he enlisted in the US- Army and is stationed in a different state. The judge ordered him to pay support for the kids and even spousal allowance although it doen't exist in the state I live in. He also ordered him to sign my immigrations papers again. But his JAG attorney told him that he doesn't had to sign the financial support paper. Right now he is deployed to Iraq and is not due back until Aug, 2007. But he called me from overthere and told me, that if I don't waive the support order for me and lower the order for the kids he would deport me and keep the kids here since they are USC. I can pay my bills but I can not afford an other attorney.We are not divorced yet. So my question now is : Can he deport me and keep the kids here? Is there any legal way for me to stay here with the kids? My mother-in-law would be willing to be my sponsor, but after talking to the INS we know that that is not possible. The answer I got from the INS was: as long as I don't try to leave the coundtry I am fine.
                  I am NOT fine! I am here, have no legal status, I am not allowed to work. Is there anything I can do?
                  I would appreciate any advice!
                  Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  Difficult situation. I empathize with you. Not sure if the I-360 would help you. Basically, you would have to prove spousal abuse for either you or your son. If not, I am not sure if you can self petition. The only other option is exceptional hardship.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre


                  • #24
                    This is what I hate so much about American immigration laws. I was in a similar situation (different spin). They actually make you dependent on some skunk a.s.s.h.o.l.e.

                    Luckily I was smart enough to make it all these years mostly working from home and just hanging out waiting until my daughter turned of age to put in the papers for me.

                    No way would something like this ever happen in Germany.
                    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire


                    • #25
                      Marmarduk- Thank you!

                      Templar, I listed the papers I gathered so far in my other posting. It is pretty much what you suggested. Right now I try to get a copy of the Article 15 ( he should have been CM'ed for that- but like I said if you have a few stripes the military doesn't do anything)- which would help me out a lot since this states that even the Army thinks he mistreated us!

                      Hudson, in my other posting I mentioned that the Senators office suggested this petition for me and I just need to send it to them with all the proof and they will submit it to Vermont.
                      Why do I need to apply for my boys, too? They ae USC by birth, one was born here and the otherone overseas, but he still has a US birth cerfiticate which says he is a USC by birth. Or to I just need to include them for formal reasons?

                      I am not sure if I would qualify for the hardship since my country is not bad at all.


                      • #26
                        Looks like you are already well on your way with collecting documents. One thing I might suggest


                        The above two links are forums specifically dealing with marriage-based visas. You can post your original post there. You might get advices from people who have more knowlege of your kinds of issues.


                        • #27
                          Thank you Templar- I appreciate you help. BTW has yor name anything to do with the "Order of the Temple"?

                          Kollerkrot, I am sorry I just saw you posting. Interessting way you chose, but my kids are just 8 and 2 and the older one will due to his disability never be able to file my paperwork. to wait until the litte one is 21 would be a long way to go.

                          You are right, something like this would never happen in Germany. Actually is was very easy to file my husbands paperwork and he was there without a Visa. He was stationed in Berlin, went from there to Iraq, came back home to the US and then back to Germany- he did overstay his Visa ( jip there are Americans who do that too). So, when we got married he was there illigal- But the Germans didn't make a big deal out of it. I had to pay 25 DM for his paperwork. Although you have got to be married 5 yrs. to get you permanent resideny in Germany, it was no problem at all for him that we didn't make it that long. Nobody bothered him. But maybe that had to do with that we women are not so cruel and our egos are not so vulnerable that we have to threaten our foreign husbands with deportation. I could have gotten him deported I guess, but why should I have done that.


                          • #28
                            u wont find much that u can buy with 25dms today..... since the euro arrived its all got very expensive.... but ur right the paper work isnt that hard is it ..... down to the kreishaus and its all done there and then...... quite funny when u look at the gossips that say germany is so beurocratic... wow i bet i spelt that wrong.... paper for everything .... lol


                            Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                            Home Page

                            Immigration Daily


                            Processing times

                            Immigration forms

                            Discussion board



                            Twitter feed

                            Immigrant Nation


                            CLE Workshops

                            Immigration books

                            Advertise on ILW



                            About ILW.COM

                            Connect to us



                            Immigration Daily