Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Lucky DAY!! LA interview date!

Hi all!!

I'm jumping out of my skin right now!!! Just received the interview date for our AOS USC marriage based.
    We filed in Novemeber 2003 in Los Angeles and received the letter today for the 21st June. It seems that they are processing these forms faster than they are showing us on the website.

I have one question for you though. I've read most of the threads on this website for the past year....so I know how you hate repeating yourselves. But here goes my question......
    Was I supposed to receive something re the fingerprints?...... I had mine taken last January. I ask this because on some thread I read ages ago someone had said that they didn't get the stamp on their passport because they hadn't gotten the OK from the FBI yet.

We're so excited to be able to go to my country.... we have a home there and a business I had to close doors on and obviously family and friends...of whom I haven't seen in a long long time. So I want to make sure before I book our flights as they're hard to come by in peak season.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to hear from you soon.

Hi all!!

I'm jumping out of my skin right now!!! Just received the interview date for our AOS USC marriage based.
    We filed in Novemeber 2003 in Los Angeles and received the letter today for the 21st June. It seems that they are processing these forms faster than they are showing us on the website.

I have one question for you though. I've read most of the threads on this website for the past year....so I know how you hate repeating yourselves. But here goes my question......
    Was I supposed to receive something re the fingerprints?...... I had mine taken last January. I ask this because on some thread I read ages ago someone had said that they didn't get the stamp on their passport because they hadn't gotten the OK from the FBI yet.

We're so excited to be able to go to my country.... we have a home there and a business I had to close doors on and obviously family and friends...of whom I haven't seen in a long long time. So I want to make sure before I book our flights as they're hard to come by in peak season.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks Mo...... but I have no fear that it will go well..... we've been together for 5yrs and going strong. In fact we're going on our belated honeymoon trip next week..... about time ha! So we've got a lot to celebrate.

Thanks again.... any word on whether I should have received something re the fingerprints so as to get that stamp on my passport?

Comment

Doesn't anyone know anything about whether I should receive a letter or something re the fingerprints? Or does it just goes through...if everything is ok?

Please.... I need to know so I can booking our flights.

Comment

I have no idea about the fingerprint thing-if u cant get a quick answer in this forum just consult some good immigration attorney in your area! anyway good luck with the honeymoon and the interview

Comment

Hi
              After the fingerprinting at the application support center you usually don't hear anything about the fingerprints, so everything should be fine in your case.
              As far as I know the only time you hear about fingerptinting is when they "expire". Your fingerprint clearance is only good for 15 months. If your application has been pending for more than 15 months after the fingerprinting, they would send you a letter to fingerprint you again.
              Anyway, don't worry you should be fine.
              Good luck for the interview.
              Marcus

Comment

I forgot to mention:
                As I said they don't send you a note after the fingerprinting. However, that doesn't mean that the clearance was done and sent to the USCIS. Sometimes, there are cases where the USCIS sends you an interview appointment before the clearance is through the FBI. In such a case, you would only learn about this at the interview.
                Marcus

Comment

this is great..i hope those district offices are processing faster than they are reporting on the USCIS website.

Comment

Thanks for the info Marcaurel......much appreciated. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens..... either way we're really happy but gobsmacked that it's going through more quickly than anticipated.

Comment

The only delay is if they havent completed the background checks ..Otherwise u should be fine.

Comment

Just wondering. How do fingerprints "expire"? I thought they stay pretty much the same for your whole life. Unless you get a huge scar on one of your fingers, I don't see why it is so important to update fingerprints.
                        Have a nice day

Comment

Gluhbirne:

When they mean they "expire" is that the alien might have killed someone or commited a crime within that timeframe therefore another fingerpint set is required to run another background check.

Comment

Working...
                          X