Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immigration Law Question: I-30 APPEAL WAS APROVED WHAT IS NEXT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: I-30 APPEAL WAS APROVED WHAT IS NEXT?

Hi. My wife is a US citizen, I came legal as a tourist 16 yrs ago to the US. After 8 yrs of marriage my wife convinced me to put my status legal to start traveling. We went to the interview and my i-30 was denied because she did not presented the divorce decree of her last marriage. We sent an appeal in the 30 days requested with the divorce decree, and after 1 yr waiting for the result I received an email from USCIS where they tell me today my 1-30 was approved !!!
    I forgot to mention that I summit a new application just 30 days ago and paid $1080 again and received the formal receipt by mail because I did not have driver license and employment authorization; we touht our appeal was going to be denied so we decided to start the process again.
    What is next? What happened with the new application I summited last month?
    Carlos C.

Hi. My wife is a US citizen, I came legal as a tourist 16 yrs ago to the US. After 8 yrs of marriage my wife convinced me to put my status legal to start traveling. We went to the interview and my i-30 was denied because she did not presented the divorce decree of her last marriage. We sent an appeal in the 30 days requested with the divorce decree, and after 1 yr waiting for the result I received an email from USCIS where they tell me today my 1-30 was approved !!!
    I forgot to mention that I summit a new application just 30 days ago and paid $1080 again and received the formal receipt by mail because I did not have driver license and employment authorization; we touht our appeal was going to be denied so we decided to start the process again.
    What is next? What happened with the new application I summited last month?
    Carlos C.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carlos el tico:
      What is next? What happened with the new application I summited last month? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps you will get another denial, appeal and use your previous appeal outcome as a case law to win the second. j/k

Ask an attorney, your case will either be adjudicated de novo or , having I-130 approved, USCIS may start processing I-485 right away.

Why did you submit the second I-130 without waiting for the outcome of the first?

Comment

It does not sound like you submitted the entire package again. Initially, you indicate that your filed the I130. The cost is $420. Then you say you paid the 2nd time $1080. That's only the cost for I485 and would not include the cost of an I130. So perhaps you can use the approval of the I130 along with the recently filed I485 to have a complete adjustment package for USCIS consideration.

Good Luck

Comment

If you really want to break down his post then it doesn't make sense at all.
          If he sent only I-485, as a separate petition (while I-130 was pending)then it would be rejected as incomplete.
          So, he must have sent both and erroneously states "$1080 paid again" and forgets that another $420 was paid for I-130.
          If not then he is yet another fake poster, posting nonsense here.
          And "received the formal receipt by mail because I did not have driver license and employment authorization" makes it sound as if one
          had DL and EAD then one wouldn't receive the formal receipt by mail. Again, nonsense.

If the poster is sharing personal experience (not making up Jungian questionnaire) , then most likely he means he filed concurrent petitions
          and isn't sure which I-130 his I-485 will be adjudicated on, based on the one that he got approved after latest concurrent filing or the one he filed
          just recently. Fail.

Comment

Sorry, i think I did not explain well my case.
            - The first time I sent $1,500 ( $1,080 + $420 )
            My I-130 was denied after the interview because My wife did not presented the divorce decree at that time. We appeal the decission and sent the divorce decree this time. My work permit expired while I was waiting for the answer of my appeal so I applied again and pay again the total fees ( $1,500 ). Now USCIS sent me a letter where they approved my I-130 appeal.
            My question was simple.....What is next?.
            I just received the receipts of the "new" application almost at the same time that I received the answer of my denial!!!!
            Carlos C.

Comment

Sit tight and wait. You will get answer to your question on I797 form that will be mailed to you.

For legal advise consult practicing immigration attorney.

Comment

Hello

Today my wife and I got the good news in a formal receipt from USCIS in our mail..... "the above petition has been approved.The petition indicates that the person for whom you are the petitioning is in the United States and will apply for sdjustment status. He should contact the local USCIS office to obtain form i-485, a copy of this notices should be submmited with the application".
                As I explained before I already fill out and paid the new i-485 in my new application. What I should do now, sent both receipts?
                How soon I have to do it? Can I tramit my driver license with these 2 receipts while my i-485 is approved?
                Can anybody help me?
                Carlos C.

Comment

Why are you asking for legal advise on a public board? There are no practicing immigration attorneys here.
                  Why don't you part with couple hundred dollars and
                  consult someone who has practical knowledge and does it for living?
                  Or go to charity sponsored legal clinic if you are indigent.
                  Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed