Restraining order violation and N400 application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restraining order violation and N400 application

I am posting for the first time and I need advice.

I will give a brief description of my situation and I would love some advice from an immigration lawyer or someone who has been in the same situation.

I have been in the US for 16 years, came here when I was 17, went to boarding school, went to college, been perfectly legal in terms of my F-1 status and always been on top of my immigration status, in 1998 I won the green card lottery and I got my green card in 1999.

In 2002 I started dating a girl and I decided to move from my state to the state she was living in after a year. Three weeks after i moved she broke up with me and I was exetremely heart broken, I called her a bunch of times,sent her flowers and eventually I got a restraining order, I was never abusive, such sappy and confessed my love to her.

A couple of monthes later I had to go to a seminar to the college she worked at and I was a little concerned that she might run into me, I had no contact with what so ever, but because I didn't know what to do I called her work phone to see if she still worked there and she answered the phone and recognized my voice, I didn't recoginize her voice and called the police and I got arrested, I got a criminal defense lawyer and a immigration lawyer and I admitted to calling her but not to contact her so I got a "continued without a finding" which is not a convication of guilty and I got 11 months probabtion which I completed. I filed my N400 and answered everything honestly and my probabtion officer to wrote a nice letter for me , including a bunch of my friends wrote letters for me. The court papers clearly say no thearts or abusive, just one phone call.

I went for the interview, passed the test and the english test, the officer asked me about my arrest, I was honest with her, didn't go in the detail like I did above, but told her that i was exetremely heart broken and didn't know what to do.

The officer mentioned to me that she has to discuss this with her supervisors and a decision can't be made now, that was in Jan, I haven't heard anything back. I am in Boston, and I am indian but born and raised in Southern Africa.

I just need an honest answer from someone here, if I need to start packing my bags or I have no hope, that is something I have to live with, I have always been working and been legal here, I have a great job and I love being here.

Please let me know, any advise would help.

thanks

Me

I am posting for the first time and I need advice.

I will give a brief description of my situation and I would love some advice from an immigration lawyer or someone who has been in the same situation.

I have been in the US for 16 years, came here when I was 17, went to boarding school, went to college, been perfectly legal in terms of my F-1 status and always been on top of my immigration status, in 1998 I won the green card lottery and I got my green card in 1999.

In 2002 I started dating a girl and I decided to move from my state to the state she was living in after a year. Three weeks after i moved she broke up with me and I was exetremely heart broken, I called her a bunch of times,sent her flowers and eventually I got a restraining order, I was never abusive, such sappy and confessed my love to her.

A couple of monthes later I had to go to a seminar to the college she worked at and I was a little concerned that she might run into me, I had no contact with what so ever, but because I didn't know what to do I called her work phone to see if she still worked there and she answered the phone and recognized my voice, I didn't recoginize her voice and called the police and I got arrested, I got a criminal defense lawyer and a immigration lawyer and I admitted to calling her but not to contact her so I got a "continued without a finding" which is not a convication of guilty and I got 11 months probabtion which I completed. I filed my N400 and answered everything honestly and my probabtion officer to wrote a nice letter for me , including a bunch of my friends wrote letters for me. The court papers clearly say no thearts or abusive, just one phone call.

I went for the interview, passed the test and the english test, the officer asked me about my arrest, I was honest with her, didn't go in the detail like I did above, but told her that i was exetremely heart broken and didn't know what to do.

The officer mentioned to me that she has to discuss this with her supervisors and a decision can't be made now, that was in Jan, I haven't heard anything back. I am in Boston, and I am indian but born and raised in Southern Africa.

I just need an honest answer from someone here, if I need to start packing my bags or I have no hope, that is something I have to live with, I have always been working and been legal here, I have a great job and I love being here.

Please let me know, any advise would help.

thanks

Me

Comment

Working...
    X