Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handling stereotypes from whites

I work in a department where I am the only person with foreign background. I get tired of dealing with whites stereotype especially when they treat me like I'm stupid just because of my background. Can you guys advise how you respond to ignorant and stupid comments from whites especially? I'm not a racist but i have met a lot of them.

Originally posted by privilege:
    I work in a department where I am the only person with foreign background. I get tired of dealing with whites stereotype especially when they treat me like I'm stupid just because of my background. Can you guys advise how you respond to ignorant and stupid comments from whites especially? I'm not a racist but i have met a lot of them.
    Do what Margerat Cho once did, start speaking very loud to them and perhaps they might understand.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Privilege: After reading your post, I think that people - regardless of their ethnic background - might reasonably conclude that you're not very intelligent. I would suggest that it's NOT your foreign background that's the problem.

However, should you continue to make excuses for yourself, and play the "i'm a poor foreigner card," perhaps you should consider a return to your country of origin, where you won't suffer the supposed indignity of a foreign background.

Comment

SunDevilUSA,

I have read most of your previous post and non of them show how intelligent you are. I have decided not to respond to your ignorance. I believe you need to contact comedian michael Richards he might hire you. you sound so ignorant like him.

Comment

SunDevilUSA,

how about you also returning to your country of origin. Afterall, everyone knows the native americans were here before you.

Comment

Privilege: With all due respect, I think that you have an inferiority complex. I resent your representation of my post as being racist, but I truly expected nothing better than a knee-****, irresponsible and plainly offensive reaction from you; and you didn't disappoint me!!

Quite honestly, given your obvious hostility for America and for Americans, I'm not surpised that your colleagues won't talk to you. Playing the race card to hide your evident personal inferiority will definitely NOT win you any friends.

Furthermore, I have no idea of either your race or your ethnicity, and neither do I care...but, like your colleagues, I have concluded that you're not very smart.

Comment

Springmoon: It is so monotonous when people relentlessly replay "the native Americans were here before you" diatribe.

I would be interested to know your defenition of the term "native American?" It is my understanding that anyone born in America is, by definition, a native American.

If you mean those who are deemed to be indigenous people, I would suggest that, if you go far enough back in history, that they may also have migrated to this land. Furthermore, the "indigenous" people of the southwestern states were actually Mexican before they were lucky enough to become Americans after 1848. I'm always surprised that everyone seems to forget that, though.

Next...

Comment

Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
                Privilege: With all due respect, I think that you have an inferiority complex. I resent your representation of my post as being racist, but I truly expected nothing better than a knee-****, irresponsible and plainly offensive reaction from you; and you didn't disappoint me!!

Quite honestly, given your obvious hostility for America and for Americans, I'm not surpised that your colleagues won't talk to you. Playing the race card to hide your evident personal inferiority will definitely NOT win you any friends.

Furthermore, I have no idea of either your race or your ethnicity, and neither do I care...but, like your colleagues, I have concluded that you're not very smart.
                Thanks "Michael Richards"

Comment

Privilege: You're just too stupid for words.

Comment

And SunDevilUSA, you ARE just a racist piece of s#it. Mods please wipe his face in himself and then take him away permanently.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation