No announcement yet.

Another I-485 Divorce question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We talked last night and came to an agreement about out stuff...pretty much 50/50.

But then we come to work, and she talks to her friends, and now she is back to wanting things and making demands.

I think I'm just going to have to accept things will happen anyway, and all I can do is take them in stride. Everything I researched yesterday, and talking to the lawyer...says she needs me at least to do the I751 or have some kind of interview. But she's desperately looking for ways around that...

Oh well...here's hoping the law is fair.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FooserX:
      We talked last night and came to an agreement about out stuff...pretty much 50/50.

But then we come to work, and she talks to her friends, and now she is back to wanting things and making demands.

I think I'm just going to have to accept things will happen anyway, and all I can do is take them in stride. Everything I researched yesterday, and talking to the lawyer...says she needs me at least to do the I751 or have some kind of interview. But she's desperately looking for ways around that...

Oh well...here's hoping the law is fair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when you say lawyer? is an immigration lawyer?
      or a divorce lawyer?

if it's an immigration lawyer ( is it the same lawyer that you and your wife had when you filed
      her papers? Did you ever try a second opinion
      from another lawyer? Asked what are your chances
      in telling the truth with the USCIS on your I-751.

Did your wife came legally to the country?

Comment

Do you know your wife too well?

I don't wanna sound rude or anything
        but you may wanna check her identity
        Im not saying all ...A lot of mexicans are
        good people but you must also be aware
        that others use false identity.

You may wanna review all the papers you submitted too.

Any false documents she filed can terminate her stay.

Comment

Well she was using a fake social security # when she applied for citizenship. I mean...isn't that a given?

I've seen her birth certificate from mexico, and she is who she says she is.

The lawyer I talked to was an immigration lawyer. He said there's no way to avoid this part of the process for her. As in, she will either be deported, or we will have to do some kind of interview. I didn't ask him more questions as it was a free consultation from work...and I have not followed up.

It just seems so stupid to me that she would risk her life/kid's life/citizenship...EVERYTHING to get more money from me. It's not like I'm some CEO who can set her up for life. Even if she gets half of everything, it's not very much...it's just I don't want to lose what I've worked hard for.

Comment

ok you got me confuse...
            you said citizenship?
            She can't apply for that yet
            (she's on a conditional GC)

Did she came here legally?

Im asking you this cuz if you file a petition in 2002. If she is an illegal entry .. she's not qualified.

she use a fake ss# and did she use
            that one on her marriage certificate too?
            If she use this on her application on the USCIS
            that's a serious crime. She will be in trouble with this. Thats fraud.

You might wanna check all the papers you filed.

Comment

you may wanna read this..( bottom page)

http://www.divorcehq.com/articles/alienfraud.html

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well she was using a fake social security # when she applied for citizenship. I mean...isn't that a given? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are making this even more confusing.
                I don't think you understand the immigration process and confused with GC and citizenship and so forth, hence all the confusion.

She couldn't have applied for citizenship, that doesn't happen until 3 yrs after she received her GC (married based)
                She wouldn't need a SS# to apply for a GC, so I can't understand why she would even put a fake one when its not needed. It's an option.
                It could have been an ITN number for tax purposes, then is given a SS# once she has either a EAD (employment card) or her Green card.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Fooserx..I am not saying she married you for fraud or not, but regardless of all that, what you guys are arguing about or what she may be even trying to get from you in a divorce is very normal even if both of you were USC's.

Most of the time, this what happens in a divorce or approach to one. I want this, I don't want that, I'm taking you to the cleaners, etc etc
                  It happens to the best of us.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
                  1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Hi FooserX,

I also got kinda confused with the situation when you mentioned something about citizenship when I thought it was for the greencard.

Anyways, you got good advice from the senior members here. Just to inform you that there is a group here headed by HelpVictim who asks people in the same situation like yours to contact him and maybe you can exchange notes. I'm not saying that your wife is defrauding you or something but you do need to get all the info about this kind of situation that you can get while at the same time working amicably with her. (Just like SprintG, I'm hoping for a good outcome between the two of you.) If not, you should be prepared for the worst possible scenario.

Good luck!
                    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

Originally posted by FooserX View Post
                      I don't mind a divorce, but being taken advantage of is kinda annoying.
                      Yet you want to get re-married. Face-palm.

Comment

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney