Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lastname change before applying I-751

Hi,

I have 2 years conditional greencard based on marriage. My and my wife's last name is different. Now, we want to change her lastname with my lastname. we are going to file I-751 in end of 2006. Is it advisable to change last name after getting 10 years green card (Approval of I-751) OR is it ok to change lastname before applying for I-751?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have 2 years conditional greencard based on marriage. My and my wife's last name is different. Now, we want to change her lastname with my lastname. we are going to file I-751 in end of 2006. Is it advisable to change last name after getting 10 years green card (Approval of I-751) OR is it ok to change lastname before applying for I-751?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I think you shouldnt have any problem if u change it right not if u want to change... u have to get an affidavit that both names are the same...and u can submit that affidavit with ur I 751... however if u dont wanna go through all of this .... as previously said... u can do it at naturalization if u r not in hurry to change her last name...good luck...Pasha

Comment

Thanks Lolita and Pasha for your reply.

Actually, My wife is citizen and i am on conditional greencard. How we can change her last name while applying my naturalization ?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Since she is the one changing her name, it shouldn't make any difference. I am a USC, married foreign national, filed AOS and started using his last name not long before filing 751 -- no problems. They are more concerned about you than her. And, if you file the 751 jointly with sufficient evidence, they aren't too concerned.

Comment

wifey also needs to go through SocSec to change the name (for tax purposes) and oh yeh, don't forget the Driver'sLic

Comment

Thanks KMcTram and newbam..

Comment

Working...
              X