Immigration only for the rich

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration only for the rich

Has anyone noticed how expensive it is to go through the immigration process - even without a lawyer? I wonder sometimes if many people would like to be legal but just don't have the money. I also wonder if the process is so complicated so that they can get more money from immigrants? Any ideas?

Has anyone noticed how expensive it is to go through the immigration process - even without a lawyer? I wonder sometimes if many people would like to be legal but just don't have the money. I also wonder if the process is so complicated so that they can get more money from immigrants? Any ideas?

Comment

I see your point...sometimes I feel the same as well

Comment

USCIS collects fees to cover its expenses so that it does not have to get funding from US Govt. If you think about it, it makes sense. Why should US Govt pay from its pocket or spend tax dollars to legalize non-immigrants. I understand that the fee has increased in recent years but still I think it is a small fee to get legal immigrant status. Also, USCIS can waive the fee in certain deserving cases.

Comment

I am more than certain that if immigration fees were tripled, even quadripuled, many of those who are unable to become legal immigrants would promptly pay those fees.

It is not "fees" that are problem, but policies that don't work.

Comment

fees go up, yet the backlog remains. Strange.

Comment

It is good to know that I am the only one struggling to come up with $400 to $1000 to submit my documents for myself and my child.
              I have a very good job and an excellent education but somtimes it is hard to make it through. I do pay taxes to the government and I also pay my property taxes and fees - so to say I don't pay my share is unfair - I just don't have a whole lot of disposable income.

Comment

sheesh...it's obvious you morons have never studied economics....a service provided by a government is not "free" -- salaries and overhead have to be paid....if not by the user, then by who? Yep, the taxpayers....so, if you want your taxes to go up, then keep moaning about those fees....but if you like buying a new car every 3 years, then let the aliens pay the freight....it is only fair, after all.
                Would you really want to pay several hundred dollars for SOMEONE ELSE'S application??? No, you would not. So, let them pay. Too darn bad if it costs a lot of money....that is life.
                And, of course, if you added in some immigration attorney's fees, well, the cost would rise by a factor of at least 5. Who needs immigration attorneys? All they do is charge $250 to file papers...they have NO power, NO authority, NO nothing. But, just like those morons who send money to TV evangelists, there are those who fall prey to the siren song of immigration attorneys' promises...which are about as valuable as last week's newspaper.

Comment

Actually, I have studied economics. Tell me Someone12 - what do you think the difference is between a moron and an idiot and stupidity?

Comment

actually, in your case, they are one and the same.
                    I did notice, that just like ImmortalE-Idiot, you did not provide any coherent response, in spite of your allged study of economics.

Comment

I think for most the time issue is the biggest factor.

Costs compared to say an airline ticket and the sheer costs of uprooting and moving are relatively inconsequential.

If you are seeking to immigrate to another country there are many factors to be considered, a thousand or whatever for fees seems a minor matter.

Comment

Talking about fees...

The typical legal immigrants sees his or her income go up substantially just by immigrating here. Furthermore, even though he or she pays taxes, you can bet that she or he gets quite a few services that were probably not available at such a bargain rate in their homeland: "free" schools for the kids, clean water, decent roads, reliable electical service... In other words, the fees they pay for immigrating are a bargain, especially when compared to what illegal aliens pay smugglers.

Comment

Though immigration fees for processing an applicantion aren't cheap, yet this is not what conserns most immigrants.

Many would pay even more - just to get a better service.

Comment

I suppose it does depend where you come from and if what you are coming to is better. Sometimes the dream is exactly that - a dream. Actually, 80% of immigrants(legal) go back to their homeland.

Comment

I suppose it does depend where you come from and if what you are coming to is better.

I assume there wouldn't be over million people coming to this country if where they came from was better than US.

Sometimes the dream is exactly that - a dream.

And sometimes the LIFE is exactly that - a LIFE.

Actually, 80% of immigrants(legal) go back to their homeland.

Then what makes Krikorian, FAIR and Numbers USA worry so much?
                              I mean, among other things, they also demand total moratorium on immigration, except for a very limited quota for spouses of USCs.

Comment

Working...
                              X