EWI with approved I-140

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWI with approved I-140

an EWI, less than 8 years in US, got an approved I-140 based on extraordinary ability in sports (EB-1). doesnot qualify under 245(i). Is there any way to obtain adjustment of status? got married to legal permanent resident, so that doesnt help either (5 year wait for Mexico in 2A category).
    should he file I-485? or wait 2 more years for 10 year cancellation case and file then? is there any way to obtain a work permit while waiting for 10 years?

an EWI, less than 8 years in US, got an approved I-140 based on extraordinary ability in sports (EB-1). doesnot qualify under 245(i). Is there any way to obtain adjustment of status? got married to legal permanent resident, so that doesnt help either (5 year wait for Mexico in 2A category).
    should he file I-485? or wait 2 more years for 10 year cancellation case and file then? is there any way to obtain a work permit while waiting for 10 years?

Comment

which sports?
      sa

Comment

wrestling

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dipols1:
          wrestling </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Still going to need a waiver, but he could use his LPR wife for that.

Comment

And the 10-year bar should be counted or waived while the EWI alien is "outside" of the US.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And the 10-year bar should be counted or waived while the EWI alien is "outside" of the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Careful, Rough Neighbor...we don't want to give out legal advice, do we?

(and BTW, thanks alot for yours)

Comment

The key word is discussion, my friend. Unless of course you would want to promote disagreement over harmony.

You were on the defensive in the other thread, and here you do the opposite.

There's no point of abusing what I said that this is a discussion board and not a source of legal advice. I said that in confluence with the Terms of Service of this forum after all.

If you found such a statement offensive, then you have to stay here a little bit longer. Until you see for yourself that my postings are like that of an angel's. Hahaha!

Comment

not 10 year bar.
                  if you have been 10 years present in US, you can get cancellation of removal based on that.
                  so if he is here 2 more years, he qualifies for that.
                  just wanted to know if there is a faster way to get adjustment of status or at least work permit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dipols1:
                    if you have been 10 years present in US, you can get cancellation of removal based on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> it is not easy to get that one.. and it is not based on being here 10 years but rather on extreme hardship immediate family would suffer if the person would be removed. The hardship that has to be proven here has to be to the greater extent then the extreme hardship for I-601 or I-212 waivers.

Basicly, first, the person reports him/herself to be deported and than fights in a court to avoid that. Not a pleasant route at all.

You need to consult a lawyer about that plan.

Comment

well he can apply for the waiver based on hardship to his LPR wife, but still he can do it after being here 10 years...
                      I was told if he files I-485 now, based on his approved I-140... he will get Notice to Appear because of EWI. and if he has been here less than 10 years, there are no waivers to file or any type of relief. Is it true or there is a way to get through this?

Comment

any more ideas, advice? Please?!
                        is there any other way to get him a green card sooner and avoid removal proceedings?

Comment

When will the lpr wife become eligible for us citizenship?

Comment

in 4 years...

Comment

Working...
                            X