Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green card through marriage - conditional or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card through marriage - conditional or not?

I heard the following somewhere, and was wondering whether somebody out there knows anything about this. If one marries a US citizen, files the green card paperwork, but the interview date is more than 2 years from the date of marriage, will the green card they receive still be a temporary one (i.e. good for 2 years) or will it be good for 10 years? Thanks.

I heard the following somewhere, and was wondering whether somebody out there knows anything about this. If one marries a US citizen, files the green card paperwork, but the interview date is more than 2 years from the date of marriage, will the green card they receive still be a temporary one (i.e. good for 2 years) or will it be good for 10 years? Thanks.

Comment

I'm not positive, but I think that if you have been married for two years when your PR is issued, than it is not conditional.
      Have a nice day

Comment

Hi
        No, you will get a permanent green card.
        If you have been married for more than 2 years at the time of adjucation of the I-130/I-485(usually the interview date), then you will get a permanent green card (10years).
        Marcus

Comment

Marcus:

Did you postpone your interview or you got conditional gc?

Comment

It will be permanent since the length of marriage would have met the required 2 yr period.

Comment

It will be an IR6 no conditions card.

Comment

Working...
              X