TN-1 Visa expiring, EAD has not arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN-1 Visa expiring, EAD has not arrived

I was hoping to get some advice from some of you guys. My TN visa is expiring and I have not yet received my EAD. My I-485 interview is on March 29th so I may end up getting my green card before I even receive my EAD. The issue I have is that I do not want to be working illegally while I do not have proper work status, but I also do not want to lose my job. So one of the ideas I'm going to propose to HR is that I will take an unpaid leave of absence and come back after I have either received my EAD or if the interview goes well and I receive my temporary Green card at the end of the month. Does anyone see any issues with the Leave of Abscence idea? Since I won't be collecting a paycheck would I be in violation in any way? Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

I was hoping to get some advice from some of you guys. My TN visa is expiring and I have not yet received my EAD. My I-485 interview is on March 29th so I may end up getting my green card before I even receive my EAD. The issue I have is that I do not want to be working illegally while I do not have proper work status, but I also do not want to lose my job. So one of the ideas I'm going to propose to HR is that I will take an unpaid leave of absence and come back after I have either received my EAD or if the interview goes well and I receive my temporary Green card at the end of the month. Does anyone see any issues with the Leave of Abscence idea? Since I won't be collecting a paycheck would I be in violation in any way? Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X