Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a divorce have adopted children need help

I have 3 children that my husband i adopted
    from the phillipines we currently reside in japan . And yesterday he asked for a divorce he is in the military the kids haeve military id cards and passports that say sofa status.. if we were to divorce can i take the kids to the states (in which i own a home in washington state ).. with me. or do i have to wait till i have legal custody .. right now i have trial custody.. can i continue trial custody in the states.. thanks so much..
    what forms should i fill out this is all new to me thank you

karen

from the phillipines we currently reside in japan . And yesterday he asked for a divorce he is in the military the kids haeve military id cards and passports that say sofa status.. if we were to divorce can i take the kids to the states (in which i own a home in washington state ).. with me. or do i have to wait till i have legal custody .. right now i have trial custody.. can i continue trial custody in the states.. thanks so much..

karen

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilfoot:

karen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I have no idea what the requirements are in Japan, I can tell you that typically countries prohibit one spouse from leaving the country with children without the other parent's consent. "Google" Child Abduction and read more about this restriction.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Working...
      X