Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional GC to Europe

Hi!
    I have a conditional green card thru marriage. My husband is in the service and we will be stationed to Europe and ready to fly on Feb 2.
    My question is, will i need a re-entry permit back to the US even if i am under US goverment orders?
    We will be station there for the next 2 years.
    Any informative advice is appreciated. Thank you

Hi!
    I have a conditional green card thru marriage. My husband is in the service and we will be stationed to Europe and ready to fly on Feb 2.
    My question is, will i need a re-entry permit back to the US even if i am under US goverment orders?
    We will be station there for the next 2 years.
    Any informative advice is appreciated. Thank you

Comment

You can travel as much as you want with your conditional green card,as long as its valid,no re-entry permit needed.

But you have to file for your conditional to be removed while you are in the US and MUST be present for an interview when asked for.

Also, you won't be able to file for citizenship after 3 years because you will be gone out of the US for 2 years....

And double check with the Immigration, so you won't lose your greencard status,for being away from the US for too long 6months is the limited.But with the proper paper work etc you should be fine,because if your husbands military.
      But You should have taken care of this a long time ago,not couple weeks before you go,wonder what could happen or what u might need.

Comment

Hi HBKHBK,

Thank you for the response.I am getting different answer whenever i call the immigration, i consulted the right person in the military officials and i was told that no re-entry needed since its like not leaving the US. I just wanted to gather more info and ask for second opinion. I will take your advise on seeking another call to immigration. Thank you!

Comment

conteplating... different rules apply to you as a GC holder whose spouse is in the service. In your case, relocation outside the US should not cause any problems to your resident status in the US (even if you don't return within a year) or delay naturalization. However, it has been a while since I read about this subject, so my best advice is to talk to someone in the same situation. Maybe your husband knows somebody who has been stationed overseas and who has a PR spouse?!

Comment

Working...
          X