taxes and immigration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taxes and immigration

hi I need help with this. I tried to file my taxes since 2002 but due to my condition.(overstayed visa) I was afraid of it. I thought that they will look after me. But I try to get an ITIN # but they never answer me back. Is there any way of amnesty for this taxes related issue? What should I do?...i am filing my AOS now and I want to make everything the right way because I think now is the time to start a new life out of illegal things. Any advice please?

hi I need help with this. I tried to file my taxes since 2002 but due to my condition.(overstayed visa) I was afraid of it. I thought that they will look after me. But I try to get an ITIN # but they never answer me back. Is there any way of amnesty for this taxes related issue? What should I do?...i am filing my AOS now and I want to make everything the right way because I think now is the time to start a new life out of illegal things. Any advice please?

Comment

Tax amnesty? Not a chance, we're talking the IRS, now. As far as I know, IRS and immigration don't "speak" to each other as a general rule, unless there is some specific reason, such as checking the veracity of tax returns supplied for support issues. If you tried to get an ITIN number, then I gather you don't have a SSN. Is this work undocumented? How did the employer report your earnings?
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Working...
      X