Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Umesh or Anyone! Help with assembling forms and mailing them to my local INS office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umesh or Anyone! Help with assembling forms and mailing them to my local INS office

Do General Tips on Assembling Your Forms for Mailing to an INS Service Center on the INS website also apply to local INS offices?

All my local office says is mail or put in drop box. I want proof of sending and proof of receipt. Can I send it registered or certified mail with signature confirmation? What is better, registered or certified mail? Will local INS office sign signature verification?

Do General Tips on Assembling Your Forms for Mailing to an INS Service Center on the INS website also apply to local INS offices?

All my local office says is mail or put in drop box. I want proof of sending and proof of receipt. Can I send it registered or certified mail with signature confirmation? What is better, registered or certified mail? Will local INS office sign signature verification?

Comment

When you make a file, on top should be I-130 and its supporting documents. Then I-485 and its supporting documents.
      You should send it by Certified mail Return Receipt Requested. You will have a mailing receipt from the postoffice and then Receipt from the INS Service center or local office.
      Good luck.

Comment

Do they sign the return receipt?

Also can I list my car as an asset on I-864?

Comment

Yes, they will send you return receipt by mail duly signed or stamped by INS.
          You can write down your Car, Furniture, Jewellery etc. as your assets, in fact those are your assets, you have paid for them. You Bank balance, Insurance policies, real estate, Stocks and bonds all these are assets.
          Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X