Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road blocks

Hi
    I have worked in the USA as a travel nurse since 1996. I married a US citizen in March 03 but came off the road in Feb 03 when we found out my fiancee was about to be deployed so I could look after his daughter. I applied for my green card and work authorization in April 03. My application was returned to me twice for missing documents (I could have swore I got it right on the first return . On Sept 19 they sent me a piece of paper with a receipt that look like one you would get from walmart but the spaces under "your immigration file number is" is blank. Each time they sent my app back they returned my cashiers cheque back with it. The cashiers cheque was good for 90 days so consequently became invalid in July. Our bank made us put a stop payment on it and returned the money to our account because they said they would not honor it.
    It looks like immigration thinks they have the money but they don't. I have not worked for almost a year now and need to get back to it. I have stood in line for 6 hours to get 45 sec at a window where it is being process and called the 800 number several times. Every one says I have to wait until I get kicked out of the system for having the funds and then start again. HELP!!! There has to be a way to catch up to my file and pay them so I can get my work authorization soon. Man, the one time I want the government to take my money and they refuse to!

Hi
    I have worked in the USA as a travel nurse since 1996. I married a US citizen in March 03 but came off the road in Feb 03 when we found out my fiancee was about to be deployed so I could look after his daughter. I applied for my green card and work authorization in April 03. My application was returned to me twice for missing documents (I could have swore I got it right on the first return . On Sept 19 they sent me a piece of paper with a receipt that look like one you would get from walmart but the spaces under "your immigration file number is" is blank. Each time they sent my app back they returned my cashiers cheque back with it. The cashiers cheque was good for 90 days so consequently became invalid in July. Our bank made us put a stop payment on it and returned the money to our account because they said they would not honor it.
    It looks like immigration thinks they have the money but they don't. I have not worked for almost a year now and need to get back to it. I have stood in line for 6 hours to get 45 sec at a window where it is being process and called the 800 number several times. Every one says I have to wait until I get kicked out of the system for having the funds and then start again. HELP!!! There has to be a way to catch up to my file and pay them so I can get my work authorization soon. Man, the one time I want the government to take my money and they refuse to!

Comment

Working...
    X