EAD HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD HELP!

Hello! Please someone give me an advice: An F1 student with EAD, worked for a company for about 2 years. When the EAD expired, she quit the job. The following year, things go terribly wrong and she decides to take the same job at the same company and apply later for EAD. Now 5 months later she decides to apply for EAD again while working. She is concerned about someone calling the company to find out if she's still working there. Is that possible? Thank you for any input.

Hello! Please someone give me an advice: An F1 student with EAD, worked for a company for about 2 years. When the EAD expired, she quit the job. The following year, things go terribly wrong and she decides to take the same job at the same company and apply later for EAD. Now 5 months later she decides to apply for EAD again while working. She is concerned about someone calling the company to find out if she's still working there. Is that possible? Thank you for any input.

Comment

yes, it is possible - why is she reapplying? has the EAD expired?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
        This is her case track. She applied for an EAD once. Granted. When expired, she applied for a renewal. Granted. Before renewal expired, she applied for OPT. Granted. Last year when OPT expired, she quits her job and decides to go back to school and enroll in another program, asking for another I20. Granted. She also is not sure if an F1 student who applied for EAD and then renewal of same, is eligible for another EAD filing.
        Thank you again.

Comment

I think you got confused over some facts. An F-1 holder can get up to 12 months of employment authorization as optional practical traning. So you can apply for a 3-month EAD, then another one for 4 month, then another one for 5 months, or any other combinations adding up to 12 months. Of course you can get EAD on the basis of unpredicted economic hardship, which doesn't have the 12 months limit.

Unless she got her previous EADs on the basis of economic hardship, I think her OPT time has run out or about to.

Comment

Thank you for your message, gl.
            She had two previous EAD (1st and renewal) based on economic hrdshp. Then she applied for OPT. From 1st EAD to OPT she worked for the same company until OPT expired. Now 8 months later, she's back to the same company (without EAD) and enrolled in a different program at local school. She is afraid of applying for another EAD since she started employment without document. She thinks INS will call the company she works for (screening). Besides she is not sure if she's still eligible for another EAD since she had two EAD's based on economic hrdshp in the past.

Thank you again!

Comment

Now you got to the point. There's no limit on how many EADs you can get based on economic hardhip and it's determined on a case by case basis. But my friend, working illegally is something INS really really hates. If I were she, I'd stop immediately and start applying for the EAD. She'd end up spending a lot lot more later fighting to stay here than what she can make now illegally. Illegal workers are probably ranked just behind felonies on INS hunting list.

Comment

Working...
              X