U.S. guy meets Canadian girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. guy meets Canadian girl

Hi. I'm becoming desperate to figure out what I should do. here's my story...

I live near detroit and was married. last year the marrage went bad and I met someone on the internet. She lives near Toronto. We became very close and decided to meet. we fell in love and I divorsed my wife. the Canadian girl { lets call her tigger } and myself see each other every weekend since we both have jobs. In febuary we decided to have a baby and in march she became pregnant . In June I asked her to marry me and she accepted. been planning a wedding next Febuary unless we need to be married so she can live with me. She is continuing with her job until early November. THE baby is due at the beginning of December. I know the best way to have the baby become a US citizen is for it to be bourn here but since we were not married at conception my insurance won't cover it, so we decided to have the baby in canada.
    Now that you know my situation can anyone please help me figure out what I should do to get both the mother and my son over here to live permanently and legally with me?

Can I make my son a US resident at birth if he is born in canada?

should I marry Tigger right now or can I hold off till Febuary like we were planning?

Do you know of any forms I need for my situation?

will I need a lawyer and If so are there any good ones in the downriver area south of detroit?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi. I'm becoming desperate to figure out what I should do. here's my story...

I live near detroit and was married. last year the marrage went bad and I met someone on the internet. She lives near Toronto. We became very close and decided to meet. we fell in love and I divorsed my wife. the Canadian girl { lets call her tigger } and myself see each other every weekend since we both have jobs. In febuary we decided to have a baby and in march she became pregnant . In June I asked her to marry me and she accepted. been planning a wedding next Febuary unless we need to be married so she can live with me. She is continuing with her job until early November. THE baby is due at the beginning of December. I know the best way to have the baby become a US citizen is for it to be bourn here but since we were not married at conception my insurance won't cover it, so we decided to have the baby in canada.
    Now that you know my situation can anyone please help me figure out what I should do to get both the mother and my son over here to live permanently and legally with me?

Can I make my son a US resident at birth if he is born in canada?

should I marry Tigger right now or can I hold off till Febuary like we were planning?

Do you know of any forms I need for my situation?

will I need a lawyer and If so are there any good ones in the downriver area south of detroit?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comment

Your baby if you are a USC will be a USC, even if born in Canada. If you want mommy to come live in usa, you still have petition the INS. You can do this with Direct Consular Filing in Canada if you are married, or you can apply now for a K1/fiance visa (but if you get married while the app is pending this will be a BCIS draf), or get married and file a K3 visa for spouse. The DCF is fastest, if its available in Toronto you'll have inquire. Also, you will have to be there to apply. Good luck papa .

Comment

thank you julie for replying, one question tho, may I ask what BCIF stands for? I'm new at this and trying to learn on the fly.

Comment

bureau of citizenship & immigration services

Comment

I don't believe DCF is available in Canada. Here are some links that might help you:

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/index.htm
            http://www.kamya.com/intro/k-1.html
            http://k1.exit.com/k-3frames.html
            http://www.k1fianceevisas.com/

Comment

Register your son's birth abroad at the US embassy and he'll have legal proof of being a citizen.

-= nav =-

Comment

Working...
              X