Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry with GC

Hi,
    I´m going to enter the US (Miami Airport) afer a 5 months absence due to knee surgery.

Do I have to fear any consequences?

Do you have any experience with INS officers in MIA?

Thank you

No, you will not have any problem at the Airport.
    Good luck

Comment

You will not have trouble after just 5 months. I was out over a year to take care of my mom and when I checked about returning they confiscated my green card as I had been out over one year without having received permission.

Comment

You will not have trouble after just 5 months. I was out over a year to take care of my mom and when I checked about returning they confiscated my green card as I had been out over one year without having received permission. Im now in the log I-130 process.

Comment

You will not have trouble after just 5 months. I was out over a year to take care of my mom and when I checked about returning they confiscated my green card as I had been out over one year without having received permission. Im now in the log I-130 process.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

How did they find out that you were out for over a year?

Comment

to Zamkita,

how much time beyond one year were you away? Did you not plead with the INS officer ?

Comment

oh my!

Comment

I was out 1 year and 6 months. Yes, I pleaded but she said the law is the law. Said I could go in front of a judge to plead my case but if it were denied then I would have to wait 5 years before making any type of application for re-entry even though I am married to US citizen.

Comment

Yes, but how did they find out that you´ve been gone so long?

Comment

I had no idea that there was any restriction since my Green Card had not expired. I was trying to do everything legally and I told them when I had left and why. (to take care of mother and since she had died I was returning).

Comment

How do they know how long a person has been out of the US? Do they simply ask you? Of course I guess then you have to tell them because to lie would constitute a crime. But if they don't ask, do you just get by without noticing?

Comment

Bump up

Comment

Can anyone answer this question?

What about this new departure record thing?

Comment

Working...
                            X