K-2 and Marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-2 and Marriage

I am in such a situation: I came here on a K-2 visa with my mother who came on a K-1, but we didn't have a green card interview until after I turned 21, so they denied my application based on "aging out." Now I am married to a U.S. citizen, and we get conflicting information about whether or not I can file the paperwork here and saty with my husband. Sometimes attorney and the immigration say yes, and sometimes they say that I have to go to my home country and get a spouse visa. If somebody has been in such a situation, please tell me how it really works. Thank you.

I am in such a situation: I came here on a K-2 visa with my mother who came on a K-1, but we didn't have a green card interview until after I turned 21, so they denied my application based on "aging out." Now I am married to a U.S. citizen, and we get conflicting information about whether or not I can file the paperwork here and saty with my husband. Sometimes attorney and the immigration say yes, and sometimes they say that I have to go to my home country and get a spouse visa. If somebody has been in such a situation, please tell me how it really works. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X