Immigration Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Chat

Would anyone be willing to "attend" an immigration chat sometime this weekend? The chat room will not exist if no one is in it, so we need to meet at a specific time, etc. I will be free tonight at 1:00 or 2:00am after work. I know, that's very late. That's Central Standard time, by the way. Tomorrow night (Saturday) I should be available after 10:00 or 11:00pm, and pretty much anytime on Sunday. Please let me know.

Gracias,
    juju

Would anyone be willing to "attend" an immigration chat sometime this weekend? The chat room will not exist if no one is in it, so we need to meet at a specific time, etc. I will be free tonight at 1:00 or 2:00am after work. I know, that's very late. That's Central Standard time, by the way. Tomorrow night (Saturday) I should be available after 10:00 or 11:00pm, and pretty much anytime on Sunday. Please let me know.

Gracias,
    juju

Comment

Please provide more information such as links...

How are you? it's been a while I haven't seen any post from you? Did you get married already?

God bless.

Comment

Hi

You would have to download an internet relay chat software program and then connect through that. I will be working late again tonight. I'm not sure what time I'll get home.(I use something called "Snack", but I have a Mac. You may need something else).

I haven't gotten married yet. I bought $1200 tickets to go to Brazil over Christmas break, but now we don't even know if Bilal will be able to be back in Brazil by that time. He was transferred to INS (Krome) about a week ago, but they said it would be 3-4 weeks before he could see the immigration judge, at which time they may or may not let him ask for voluntary departure. I read that you could do this before you even got your court date, but apparently not. They view it as a form of relief, and therefore make you wait longer It will be very hard for them to get plane tickets, also, anywhere near the end of December. I just keep hitting wall after wall...

How are things with you, Afriend? Any new developments? I haven't heard back from any of the politicians that I've written to, except a generic response letter from Herb Kohl. And how terribly sad about Senator Wellstone, no? It seems like the whole world is spinning out of control...

Listen, maybe we should all get AOL instant messenger or some such device installed so that we know when we are on-line together, and then we could create a chat room.

Comment

Hi Juju,

It's good to hear from you i read your posts whenever I can...
          Yes it's so sad about that senator wellston
          It's a good idea about aol instant messenger...
          You know what, I am just hoping that your man
          realizes how much you love him...
          good luck to both of you...

Comment

I'm from Minnesota, my husband is a Republican and so is my sister. I asked my husband to write Sen.Wellstone about my situation. He wasn't happy to ask help from him but I've been reading a lot about Wellstone. Although you won't buy all his ideas but he is really sincere with all his convictions. I just knew it sometime ago that he was a son of a Russian immigrant.I was excited because he is the only one who will understand our plight.If he knows your situation he will fight for you till the end.
            12 years ago you won't see a lot of immigrants in Mn but now, the # of Somalis , Hmong, and Russians went tripled.
            I was saddened by his death, not just because of this political stuff but I'm deeply, deeply sorry for his remaining boys who lost their father, mother and only sister.

Comment

AAA,
              Thank you for your kind words He does, and he's dying to be with me... anywhere. That thought is always a comfort, even though I can't be with him. Too many sad stories. I feel so sorry for the people that have already built a life together and had children and their families and lives are being torn apart. It's so unecessary and inhumane. I hope that this country in general does not lose its sense of compassion. Anger is such a contagiousand dangerous thing.

Everything about Paul Wellstone's abrupt demise is so tragic - in so many ways. It may sound selfish, but atleast his wife and daughter aren't suffering. I know I would have wanted to go with him if I were his wife. Seems like Jimmy Carter and Paul Wellstone both got the recognition they deserve in the same week. Too bad they weren't both such happy occassions. The boys... I can't even think about what it would be like when my father passes - I choke up. Poor things.

You know, I'm a news junkie. I can't get enough of it. But these days, I don't have the gumption to turn on the radio or TV and listen anymore. Enough already. If I hear one more thing about a contrived war in Iraq or another crazy person with a gun I think I'm going to scream. (Oh, and now I have to listen to how the sniper was part of Al Qaeda. This guy was a nut that signed up with the Louis Farrakan's Nation of Islam, which has no ties whatsoever to the Arab Muslem world - and even if it did - it sure wouldn't have given him license to go around shooting innocent people. And ofcourse the boy was a very illegal immigrant. More bad news for us!)

Sorry. I guess I'm a little frustrated. It's nice to be able to talk to people who have a better understanding of the ramifications of these events than the general public

I really hope everyone who is able to vote is going to go out and vote. I wonder when things will get better...

Peace, peace, peace, and more peace,
              Peace and tranquility,
              Peace and quiet,
              Peace and love,
              jamie

Comment

Hi Jaimie,

Good to hear from you. Yes, it's been a while.
                I've been so busy and joyful taking care of my 2 sons, 3 including my husband . My infant is just the handsome face as usual.

I used to have AOL, I guess hotmail or msn has a free one. I will get back to you on that.

I'm sure you will have a nice Christmas break in Brazil. Can you visit your fiance? I am constatnly praying for you both.

God bless.

Comment

Hi!! I am definitely interested in a chat. I am under the impression that hotmail now requires you to pay to sign up and I know it is possible to set something up through AOL... but may be more complicate.

Yahoo also has a system that is completely free... it may be the best bet. All you have to do is sign up for an account with them... we can all chat whenever we are on line that way (if we want to)

Comment

spouse,
                    Thanks for the info. I can go either msn or yahoo.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X