PR Abandonment and such. Help needed please =/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Abandonment and such. Help needed please =/

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read.
    I think I may have a rather large problem. I married my wife on a K-1 Visa in 2000 and we lived in Seattle for two years. Now we live in Australia. We would like to go on a holiday this december back to Seattle, but my permanent residency has run out. (I was told I didn't have to fill out any forms when I left the U.S.)
    We have no intention of staying in the US But I am worried the officer at LAX might not let me in on holiday (maybe thinking I might want to stay). Am I right with my concerns?

I was also told I had to fill out an abandonment of PR form. I am scared to do this as I don't know what the ramifications will be further on down the road if we decide to move back to the US.
    I have contemplated talking to an Immigration lawyer in Seattle over the phone, would this be a smart thing to do in my case?

Thank you again for your time. and have a great day!

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read.
    I think I may have a rather large problem. I married my wife on a K-1 Visa in 2000 and we lived in Seattle for two years. Now we live in Australia. We would like to go on a holiday this december back to Seattle, but my permanent residency has run out. (I was told I didn't have to fill out any forms when I left the U.S.)
    We have no intention of staying in the US But I am worried the officer at LAX might not let me in on holiday (maybe thinking I might want to stay). Am I right with my concerns?

I was also told I had to fill out an abandonment of PR form. I am scared to do this as I don't know what the ramifications will be further on down the road if we decide to move back to the US.
    I have contemplated talking to an Immigration lawyer in Seattle over the phone, would this be a smart thing to do in my case?

Thank you again for your time. and have a great day!

Comment

There is not enough information in your posting to provide you with intelligent advice.

Talking to an immigration attorney is the best you can do now.

Comment

Working...
      X