Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Based Visas

Hi there....question?
    My husband and I received an approval notice for case type I 140,our medical examination is done, we were notified for fingerprint back in 06/12/03 which is already done, we received our EAD card on 07/23/03 and now we are waiting for the interview I think....what is suppose to happen now and how long might take?
    Is there any phone number we could call to check the status of our case...or where is our case now?

Hi there....question?
    My husband and I received an approval notice for case type I 140,our medical examination is done, we were notified for fingerprint back in 06/12/03 which is already done, we received our EAD card on 07/23/03 and now we are waiting for the interview I think....what is suppose to happen now and how long might take?
    Is there any phone number we could call to check the status of our case...or where is our case now?

Comment

Hello. I assume you filed the I-140 and I-485 package concurrently (at the same time). Well, you probably will have to wait another 6 months or so for the actual approval of the I-485. If you have the receipt numbers for your I-485 applications (13 digits, of which the first three are letters representing the service center where the applications were filed, such as EAC, SRC, WAC...) you may go to www.uscis.gov and check the status online or call the 1-800 number.

Comment

Thank you...I've called the 1-800 number and they told me that right now they are processing cases from 02/01/03 and my priority date is 02/28/03 so I should be receiving a notice of action within a month or so.I hope that was true...so do you think this notice might be the interview?

Thanks again.

Comment

Renata,
          which service center is handling your case?
          when did you submit your application for I-485?

Comment

Manchester, NH
            I believe it was sent on Feb 28, 2003 (received date)

Comment

Hello. Even though there is only a less-than-1-month difference between the date they are processing and your date, it may take CIS longer than 1 month to issue a decision on your case. That's because they may have several AOS cases received on, say, 2/14. Basically, always think that it will take longer than it should. If you get a decision sooner, good!

Comment

Thank You!!!

Comment

Working...
                X