Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian wants to know how to get a working visa

Hi I know you will be busy tonight so I will break down my question. It's quite simple.

I am a Canadian citizen looking to live and work here in the United States because I am engaged to an American citizen.

I have been to a few job interviews where they are interested in me working for their company, however, since I am not an american citizen and do not have a social security number they say they'll "be in touch." This is quite frustrating seeing that I will be starting a career here in NYC.

I have been exploring my options and don't know what is the best way.

Option 1
    Can I get married at a justice of a peace and have my fiancee sponsor me? If so, how long is the process of obtaining a working permit?

Option 2
    Keep applying for jobs and wait and see if an employer will give me a H1-visa?

Option 3
    What is this fiancee visa I keep hearing about? ie: you must get married in 90 days.

I'd greatly appreciate a response.

thanks
    Hazel Lorico

Hi I know you will be busy tonight so I will break down my question. It's quite simple.

I am a Canadian citizen looking to live and work here in the United States because I am engaged to an American citizen.

I have been to a few job interviews where they are interested in me working for their company, however, since I am not an american citizen and do not have a social security number they say they'll "be in touch." This is quite frustrating seeing that I will be starting a career here in NYC.

I have been exploring my options and don't know what is the best way.

Option 1
    Can I get married at a justice of a peace and have my fiancee sponsor me? If so, how long is the process of obtaining a working permit?

Option 2
    Keep applying for jobs and wait and see if an employer will give me a H1-visa?

Option 3
    What is this fiancee visa I keep hearing about? ie: you must get married in 90 days.

I'd greatly appreciate a response.

thanks
    Hazel Lorico

Comment

Here you go:

All the info on the fiance visa from the INS page.

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/fiance.htm

I think the fiance visa will be easier to get than a company sponsoring you.

Best of luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed