Mistakes in Initial AOS Filing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes in Initial AOS Filing

My husband, the USC sponsor, was not required to file taxes for one year out of the three (Going to school and surviving on student loans). But at the time of filing, he made a mistake and sent only tax returns for one year and not the other year. He just realized he also filed for one more year. What do we do?
    Also, I heard that we will need to get a co-sponsor anyway because student loans don't count as income. Can we get a co-sponsor and new affidavit of support at the time of the interview? Should we wait and see if BCIS asks for a co-sponsor?

My husband, the USC sponsor, was not required to file taxes for one year out of the three (Going to school and surviving on student loans). But at the time of filing, he made a mistake and sent only tax returns for one year and not the other year. He just realized he also filed for one more year. What do we do?
    Also, I heard that we will need to get a co-sponsor anyway because student loans don't count as income. Can we get a co-sponsor and new affidavit of support at the time of the interview? Should we wait and see if BCIS asks for a co-sponsor?

Comment

You need tomhave 3 year tax return to sponsor .if your husband didnot required to file tax return then he cannot sponsor you by himself, You need a co-sponsor. don't worry about not sending another year tax return ,If he filed it and didnot sent he will be asked for the copy of last three years at interview. he can take copies with him at the time of interview and co sponsor Affidavit.
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Working...
      X