Need Legal Advice for Labor Certification - Job Advertisement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Legal Advice for Labor Certification - Job Advertisement

I am currently employed with a fortune 50 that does not have a history of layoff. I started with the company 2.5 years back with no prior experience. Since I have about 2 years of work experience with my company, ALso, I was transferred to a new job(project manager) about 4 months back within my company, which is different from my previous job (marketing analyst). I would like to be able to use the previous experience with my company when I file for my labor certification (specifically the job advertisement). I have done some research and found that you can claim the experience you have gained with the employer if the current job is drastically different than the job you began with at the company or that it is not possible for the company to train the new employee at the current moment.

Can I use my job experience with my current employer? Is there a law that says that I cannot use my expericnce if I proceed for labor certification via the traditional method OR the RIR method of labor certification? My company lawyers are super conservative and will not let me use my experience with my current employer. Thanks in advance.

I am currently employed with a fortune 50 that does not have a history of layoff. I started with the company 2.5 years back with no prior experience. Since I have about 2 years of work experience with my company, ALso, I was transferred to a new job(project manager) about 4 months back within my company, which is different from my previous job (marketing analyst). I would like to be able to use the previous experience with my company when I file for my labor certification (specifically the job advertisement). I have done some research and found that you can claim the experience you have gained with the employer if the current job is drastically different than the job you began with at the company or that it is not possible for the company to train the new employee at the current moment.

Can I use my job experience with my current employer? Is there a law that says that I cannot use my expericnce if I proceed for labor certification via the traditional method OR the RIR method of labor certification? My company lawyers are super conservative and will not let me use my experience with my current employer. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
    X