Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DV Lottery to compromise nonimmigrant status?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV Lottery to compromise nonimmigrant status?

The Office of International Students of my school has recently sent the following message to all our international community:

Given the restrictions on visa processing these days, we are concerned about the application for DV Lottery compromising one's getting an F or J visa (which have non-immigrant intent). We have heard that the visa application now asks if you have applied for DV Lottery. Further, in questioning several immigration experts, we understand that it could be risky for F and J visa holders to apply for the DV Lottery, if they need (or will need) a new re-entry nonimmigrant visa.
    I am so surprised that it even seems to me that someone is acting in bad faith! I can not find any mentioning about DV Program in Form DS-156 at all! Is there any ground in these rumors?

The Office of International Students of my school has recently sent the following message to all our international community:

Given the restrictions on visa processing these days, we are concerned about the application for DV Lottery compromising one's getting an F or J visa (which have non-immigrant intent). We have heard that the visa application now asks if you have applied for DV Lottery. Further, in questioning several immigration experts, we understand that it could be risky for F and J visa holders to apply for the DV Lottery, if they need (or will need) a new re-entry nonimmigrant visa.
    I am so surprised that it even seems to me that someone is acting in bad faith! I can not find any mentioning about DV Program in Form DS-156 at all! Is there any ground in these rumors?

Comment

Can anybody confirm or refute this rumor, please? The lottery deadline is approaching...

Comment

The previous version of DS-156 had the question about DV; current version doesn't. Therefore, "don't ask - don't tell".

Comment

Working...
        X