20 million questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 million questions

I am Canadian and been married to a US man for over 2 years. We got married in the USA and are not living together. My question is do I need to be with him to apply for a work visa?

I am Canadian and been married to a US man for over 2 years. We got married in the USA and are not living together. My question is do I need to be with him to apply for a work visa?

Comment

If you are not living with your husband, then you can apply for work authorization or legal papers. The only other way to self petition is, if you have a valid reason for not living with him i.e. domestic violence etc., and to support your claim you have police report and order of protection. You will also have to prove to the INS that you entered in to the marriage in good faith and not for getting immigration benefits.

Comment

Thank you for your response back to me. No there was no promblem like that... he just went back to the USA after living with me in Canada for 1 month. And I just never filled for a divorce. But since then I am living in the US and my child is in school here. But I do not have a work visa. So any advise on what step's I should take or is there any way to find work?

Comment

Working...
        X