Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h-4 visa want to divorce

Hi, everyone

I am h-4 visa holder. However, I want to divorce with my husband. Now I am admitted by one university and requesting to change visa status to F-1. If I got my divorce case approved before my F-1 got approved, am I out of visa status? Meanwhile, do I need to take 9 credit hours course as other F-1 international student does even with my h-4 visa curently?
    please give me your advice! Thank you very much.

Grace

Hi, everyone

I am h-4 visa holder. However, I want to divorce with my husband. Now I am admitted by one university and requesting to change visa status to F-1. If I got my divorce case approved before my F-1 got approved, am I out of visa status? Meanwhile, do I need to take 9 credit hours course as other F-1 international student does even with my h-4 visa curently?
    please give me your advice! Thank you very much.

Grace

Comment

You enroll for # units of class depending on your status when you start school. (i think -- might want to check with your school) If at the time you get an F1, you need to be full-time student. As I understand, 9 units for graduate students and 12 for under grad. If as a H4, then you don't.

With F1 you pay international student tuition rate, with H4 you pay resident rate.

If your F1 is pending I think you'll be alright even though you're divorce is finalized.

Comment

Working...
      X