help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

I have to see deportation judge some time I have not a lawyer w/me what I have to do to get extenxion or how I have to speak about my self to him?

I have to see deportation judge some time I have not a lawyer w/me what I have to do to get extenxion or how I have to speak about my self to him?

Comment

Depends on the jurisdiction and the judge, but you can request time from the judge on the day of your hearing. Tell him/her that you need time to find a lawyer. Make sure you attend that hearing!!!! If you do not, the consequences will be grave.

Gabriel D. Jack, Esq.
      gjack@mj-law.com

Comment

WHEN YOU SAY DEPORTATION JUDGE DO YOU MEAN THE JUDGE AT YOUR UPCOMING DEPORTATION HEARING THAT IS NOT SCHEDULED YET? OR DO YOU MEAN THE DEPORTATION AGENT YOU SEE EACH MONTH WHEN YOU REPORT?

Comment

I am stiil waiting for my hearing date for court.

what else can I do to be prepared for this day.

Comment

A frien of mine had a hearing date scheduled for early December, howeverm she didn't have an attorney, si she went down there on the day of her hearing, and asked the judge to give her a later date. He wasn't happy about it, and wanted to give her a date the next day or next week, but she told him that she wouldn't be able to find an attorney in such a short period of time, so he gace her a date for early January. While this is still not enough time, she has no choice. However, she heard that the judge postponed other people's hearing, for half a year, so you never go. Be sure to show up on the shceduled date. Good luck.

Comment

Chicapancha,
              Did your attorney request an NTA or do you expect the immigration to give you an NTA themselves?
              If your attorney requested one, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get one.

Comment

what is NTA?

Comment

THE BCIS OFFICER TOLD ME LAST WEEK WHEN I REPORTED, THAT WHEN I REPORT IN JAN. THEY WILL SET A DATE FOR DEPORTATION HEARING. I ASSUME THATS WHAT YOU MEAN BY NTA. THEY SAID THE HEARING DATE MAY BE 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR LATER. IF A YEAR THAT MAY BE GOOD BECAUSE IT WILL BE AFTER THE NOV ELECTIONS AND MAYBE THERE MAY BE SOME FORM OF AMNESTY. THE BAD PART IS I CAN'T GET AUTH TO WORK. IS IT CORRECT THAT BETWEEN THE TIME BETWEEN THE SCHEDULEING THE HEARING AND THE ACTUAL HEARING THE DEFENDANT DOES NOT HAVE TO REPORT IN PERSON TO THE BCIS OFFICE?

PS: AT THE MEETING WITH BCIS OFFICER HE ALLOWED ME TO INSERT IN MY PERMANENT FILE ALL THE CHARACTER REFERENCE LETTERS THAT PEOPLE OF TITLE AND INTEGRITY HAVE WRITTEN FOR ME.I THINK THE JUDGE AT HEARING IS SUPPOSED TO REVIEW ALL THIS INFO. ISN'T THAT CORRECT?

Comment

mohan, sorry but this one applies also. chuck

Comment

I don't know what to do at this point I have tried almost evrething and I don't know what's next.
                      no unemployment
                      no hopes by INS
                      no job and no income
                      BUT I HAVE A LOT OF FAITH IN GOD AND SAN JUDAS TADEO.

Comment

MAYBE WED JAN 7, 2004 BUSH WILL DO THE FIRST GOOD THING OF HIS PRESIDENCY BY GRANTING AMNESTY. I HOPE YOU HAVE ALL THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS. WE WILL KEEP OUR HOPES UP.

Comment

Working...
                        X