Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b/fingerprinting/courses of action open (NB:long)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b/fingerprinting/courses of action open (NB:long)

I have my H1b Approval Notice. However, when I went to the Embassy I was 'flagged' for what I believe to be a misdemeanour offence committed in US nine years ago. I studied for six years in the US after this occurrence, on two separate visas.

I had my fingerprints taken at the Embassy and they are being sent to Washington - under the current climate that was the least I could have expected!

My question is, if I am denied due to the misdemeanour, is there a process of appeal?

If there is, do I personally follow this up or do the company who sent in my petition?

On what possible grounds can I appeal?

If appeal is not an option or is unsuccessful, how long will I be barred from applying for a visa?

Will I be allowed to enter the US to sort out my affairs, living accommodation, personal belongings, vehicle.......?

Any qualified advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I have my H1b Approval Notice. However, when I went to the Embassy I was 'flagged' for what I believe to be a misdemeanour offence committed in US nine years ago. I studied for six years in the US after this occurrence, on two separate visas.

I had my fingerprints taken at the Embassy and they are being sent to Washington - under the current climate that was the least I could have expected!

My question is, if I am denied due to the misdemeanour, is there a process of appeal?

If there is, do I personally follow this up or do the company who sent in my petition?

On what possible grounds can I appeal?

If appeal is not an option or is unsuccessful, how long will I be barred from applying for a visa?

Will I be allowed to enter the US to sort out my affairs, living accommodation, personal belongings, vehicle.......?

Any qualified advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Did you go in Canada or your home country?

Comment

London Embassy - home country.

Comment

And what exactly could this misdemeanor be?

Comment

It was a $100 visit to the restroom, the outdoor restroom. The restroom looked exactly like a well-hidden brick wall behind a bar. All this strife for unrinating in public, all very embarrassing.

Comment

O'poor you! I don't know why did they flag you, but don't start worring before you know for sure.

Comment

Working...
              X