Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should or should not call

Hi all,

I had AOS interview last April 14, 2003 but still don't know the INS decision.

Should I call the INS now or should I wait?

anyone have any idea what I should do?

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Tim

Hi all,

I had AOS interview last April 14, 2003 but still don't know the INS decision.

Should I call the INS now or should I wait?

anyone have any idea what I should do?

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Tim

Comment

do as you want

Comment

Thanks ala for your inputs.

I do want to call but if I call I will need the reciept number which I don't have. I don't know if I can just use the A's numbers?.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,
        Tim

Comment

Did you apply on your owno or with a lawyer? If you used a lawyer they would have your receipt number. Otherwise, we used the A number only to inquire both in writing and phone call and that was sufficient, but we worked through a local office, not a service center so that may make a difference.

Good luck! By the way, just this weekend my husband finally got a letter from the INS asking for additional information. The letter said once the information is received they would have a decision in 3 months. Our interview was August 22, 2001!!! So, you may be waiting awhile.

Comment

Thanks Lurker.

Yes, I applied on my own.

So, how did you get the local number?

Tim

Comment

Try this site:

http://immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/index.htn

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Lurker, what was the additional info they asked for? Its important we all know so that we send it in and save some time.

Comment

Haja - Please see my post from this morning "Progress! And a Question" in which I listed the INS' request. Best of luck to you as well!

Comment

Why in the world would they ask that you give them updates of all this info? Are they suspicious of something or what?

Maybe they did not like the pressure from the senator.

I think paitience is always good. When you bring attention to yourself with these people, they can make your life hard.Dont forget most of these people are not professionals, and the qualification is usuallly a high school diploma.

That being said, these people can tie you up in bureaucracy to show you "their turf".

I think its always a risky move to call senators and stuff on these people coz it can boomerang and bite you in the ***. Thats why they say that "the shortest way is not always the fastest".

Comment

Well, we'll just have to see. I do know that an former coworker of my husband's, also from Ecuador, had the very same thing happen to him - needed to resubmit everything only updated (more recent). They asked him to bring it in in person for another interview, at which they stamped his passport unconditionally since the marriage had been over two years by then. Our letter just said to mail it in, otherwise there was no difference. I am not concerned about a backlash from pushing; they have absolutely no constitutional ground to discriminate based on whether/how you inquire as to status! I think by putting that at the bottom of the letters they are just trying to save themselves work - typical bureaucracy.

Comment

You yourself pointed out that their letter was a direct result of the senator follow up. So why do you think they ask for more paperwork? Its simply to defeat your purpose of going to the senator.

I think the idea is that since everyone else is waiting, we should all wait.

Why should people use senators to speed up their cases? What about those who cannt get access to the senators or those who are in cities?

I think BCIS should give a year back into the line to anyone who tries to intimidate them using a senator. That way, everyone will get same treatment.

Its like jumping the queue at a place where everyone is waiting. How does that make you feel when someone jumps you in the line?

Comment

I guess I'm a little confused; aren't you on this board looking for information and ways to expedite your case? Seems to me that is everyone's goal here, and the purpose of the board in general. Using your logic, we are all tripping over each other in line!

Comment

to Lurker and Haj,

please read my story under the "file in fraud unit"

Comment

Working...
                              X