I-864 Affidavit of support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Affidavit of support

Thank you very much Maximus76 & nireehamdi.My situation is different from you. I am USC and petitioning(I-130) for my parents.They are in U.S on visit visa and is filing application for Adjustment of status.I have to execute form I-864 affidavit of support.The most recent three tax years returns would be for the year 2000, 2001,& 2002.USCIS wants evidence of current employment or self employment with form I-864. I want to know whether this current year refers to most recent tax year i.e. 2002 or it refers to year 2003 in which I am executing the affidavit
    Will appreciate response from other members as well Thanks Javed

Thank you very much Maximus76 & nireehamdi.My situation is different from you. I am USC and petitioning(I-130) for my parents.They are in U.S on visit visa and is filing application for Adjustment of status.I have to execute form I-864 affidavit of support.The most recent three tax years returns would be for the year 2000, 2001,& 2002.USCIS wants evidence of current employment or self employment with form I-864. I want to know whether this current year refers to most recent tax year i.e. 2002 or it refers to year 2003 in which I am executing the affidavit
    Will appreciate response from other members as well Thanks Javed

Comment

It means the most recent year in which you have filed. Enclose the 2002 returns, and if necessary you can submit the 2003 returns when you complete them.

Comment

Javed:

Evidence of current employment is either your last three or more pay stubs for this year, 2003, and/or a letter from your employer stating when you started work, how much you make, etc.
        Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

If BCIS wants evidence of current employment, then it is clear that they wish to see that you are still employed, and that your wages this year meet the criteria for consideration.

Therefore, most recent paystubs will not only show them your "take home pay" but should also reflect your gross wages to date. They can extrapolate from that how much you will have earned by year's end.

Comment

Working...
          X