Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa not stamped!

Dear all,
    I am a non-EU citizen currently living in an EU country. I recently went to a US consulate with the I-797 to get my H1B visa stamped. But I failed to get it.

Before the interview, a lady, who collected forms, fees, etc, gave me a note beginning with: your visa application needs several weeks to process .... Please answer the following questions....

After I answered the questions and handed in them to the lady, she gave me another note beginning with: In order to continue processing your application, we need a soft copy of your CV, list of publications, ..., sent to us by email....

The interview lasted less than 30 seconds: how long are you going to stay? where is your wife? do you have children?

After the interview, they told me they needed more information from the states to make a decision.

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE:

Is this a normal/new procedure, and what is it?

What kind of info they wanted to get from the states (I had handed in all the package sent by my employer with the H1B approval notice).

How long I should wait?

Thanks!

Dear all,
    I am a non-EU citizen currently living in an EU country. I recently went to a US consulate with the I-797 to get my H1B visa stamped. But I failed to get it.

Before the interview, a lady, who collected forms, fees, etc, gave me a note beginning with: your visa application needs several weeks to process .... Please answer the following questions....

After I answered the questions and handed in them to the lady, she gave me another note beginning with: In order to continue processing your application, we need a soft copy of your CV, list of publications, ..., sent to us by email....

The interview lasted less than 30 seconds: how long are you going to stay? where is your wife? do you have children?

After the interview, they told me they needed more information from the states to make a decision.

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE:

Is this a normal/new procedure, and what is it?

What kind of info they wanted to get from the states (I had handed in all the package sent by my employer with the H1B approval notice).

How long I should wait?

Thanks!

Comment

the lady failed to advise you that they dont always approve/process any applications, unless you are a citizen of that country (which country did you go to?) i attempted to have my passport stamped in tijuana last january 2002, however, the consul said that I should go back to the philippines and have the consulate decide on the visa. the consul said that they cannot authenticate the validity of my docs, in the way that a U.S. consul based in the Philippines would. they denied my application.

with that, i guess you try getting the h1b in your home country. you might need to wait a month or so, before you could return to the U.S.

good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X