Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card Question.

Hi,

A question..I'm currently working in a new jersey company on an h1..I haven't applied for a green card and my company is fine with filing for a green card for me..but there are 2 questions

a. my company used to be 16 employees but now has cut back to 6 employees with me being the only h1 there.is there a problem with the size of the company when it files for a green card.

b.NJ is really slow on processing and delaware is quite fast which is next door.Is it possible for me to get a company from DE to sponsor my green card application even though I'm still working in this jersey company (I've heard that you don't have to be working in a company in order to be able to get sponsored..you must join after you get your green card?)

is that true or something risky?

thanks,

floyd.

Hi,

A question..I'm currently working in a new jersey company on an h1..I haven't applied for a green card and my company is fine with filing for a green card for me..but there are 2 questions

a. my company used to be 16 employees but now has cut back to 6 employees with me being the only h1 there.is there a problem with the size of the company when it files for a green card.

b.NJ is really slow on processing and delaware is quite fast which is next door.Is it possible for me to get a company from DE to sponsor my green card application even though I'm still working in this jersey company (I've heard that you don't have to be working in a company in order to be able to get sponsored..you must join after you get your green card?)

thanks,

floyd.

Comment

See my comments/responses in caps.

THE NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THE NUMBER OF RECENT LAYOFFS. THE COMPANY MUST PROVIDE A REPORT OF RECRUITMENT THAT ALSO INDICATES HOW MANY LAYOFFS HAVE OCCURRED AND IN WHICH AREAS OF THE COMPANY. THIS IS TO PROTECT U.S. WORKERS FROM A COMPANY THAT LAYS OFF U.S. WORKERS TO HIRE FOREIGN WORKERS WHO ARE USUALLY PAID AT LESSER WAGES.

NOT TRUE. THE LABOR CERTIFICATION IS A STATEMENT FROM THE COMPANY ON YOUR BEHALF. THE COMPANY MUST STATE THAT, DESPITE ITS RECRUITMENT EFFORTS, IT HAS BEEN UNABLE TO FIND A QUALIFIED U.S. WORKER (OR LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT) WITH YOUR BACKGROUND, EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, ETC. A COMPANY THAT IS NOT EMPLOYING YOU CANNOT PREPARE A LABOR CERTIFICATION ON YOUR BEHALF. DO YOU KNOW WHETHER YOUR COMPANY MAY BE ABLE TO PREPARE A REDUCTION IN RECRUITMENT LABOR CERTIFICATION FOR YOU? IF SO, THE PROCESSING TIME MAY BE SHORTER (BUT STILL IT WILL BE A WHILE). IF THE IDEA OF HAVING A COMPANY IN A STATE WHERE PROCESSING IS FASTER TO ASSIST YOU WITH A LABOR CERTIFICATION WERE TRUE, EVERYONE WOULD BE WORKING IN SOUTH DAKOTA.

thanks,

floyd.

Comment

Thanks for the reply..so..I guess I will have to move to delaware to get that advantage and work for a company there.

yea..my company is ready to do an RIR.

as far as I know..NJ is still processing cases in April 2001 (they've stuck there for 2 years because of some amnesty law which resulted in tons of people applying for green cards in april)

Does any one have any information about the status of green cards..I mean..has there been a larger rate of rejection because of the security concerns and because of the bad economy?

Thanks,

Floyd.

Comment

Working...
        X