Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual citiizenship - UK, US

Hi

Hopefully any day now I'll be getting my green card and now considering going for citizenship. My dream is to eventually be able to alternate between US and UK, maybe 6 months in each country. I believe that's not possible with green card but will it be with citizenship? (I would be working in each country when there)

I read (an a different website) that citizenship is pretty quick now (about a year or so).

I believe dual-citizenship gives me 2 passports so I have the rights of either country, true?

Thanks
    Paul

Hi

Hopefully any day now I'll be getting my green card and now considering going for citizenship. My dream is to eventually be able to alternate between US and UK, maybe 6 months in each country. I believe that's not possible with green card but will it be with citizenship? (I would be working in each country when there)

I read (an a different website) that citizenship is pretty quick now (about a year or so).

I believe dual-citizenship gives me 2 passports so I have the rights of either country, true?

Thanks
    Paul

Comment

Actually somebody just told me you have to have had a green card for 5 years before applying. Is that true, if so I'm out of luck?

Comment

In order to apply for U.S. citizenship, you must have been a permanent resident (i.e., with green card) for 5 years (3 years if married to U.S. citizen). You may also want to keep in mind that periods outside the U.S. of over 6 months may be considered a "break" in the continuous residence requirement for obtaining U.S. citizenship.

Comment

Working...
        X