I'm back and 10 year card interview soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back and 10 year card interview soon

Heya guys, it's been a while since I have been on here.. I'm doing great and family is also.. Next week I will be having my 10 year green card interview and needed some ideas on what the **** to carry... My husband is deploying to Iraq so I need to collect info as fast as possible... And mike if your reading this please contact me it's an emergency.... Thanks everyone..

Heya guys, it's been a while since I have been on here.. I'm doing great and family is also.. Next week I will be having my 10 year green card interview and needed some ideas on what the **** to carry... My husband is deploying to Iraq so I need to collect info as fast as possible... And mike if your reading this please contact me it's an emergency.... Thanks everyone..

Comment

Hi Baby and welcome back. By 10yr card interview I guess you mean an I-751 interview? Generally any evidence with joint names on is a good thing, especially showing co-mingled finances. If that's not possible anything with the same address on it. Examples:

Mortgage/rent agreement
      Bank account(s)
      Credit card(s)/statements
      Insurance documents
      Beneficiary of your husband's life insurance
      Letters sent to you at your address (especially the envelope!)

Any unsolicited mail can be good evidence too. You can also use affidavits from family and friends that have known the both of you. Often they don't bother to look at that though. It's really only needed if you can't show much of the "hard" evidence listed above.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Low IQ. There is no such thing as a "10 Year" interview. Conditions are to be removed 2 years after entry as a conditional resident.

Just one big WTF.

Comment

Thanks Brit for answering back, anyways I wanted to ask since we just move on base, I don't have bills coming to this address yet, and the bills we do have are in my husbands name will that be a problem? The immigration officer that handles my case is very nice, she said from what she's seen everything will be ok but I'm still freaking out that we don't have evidence like I have seen people come to the interview with.. I told her my concerns and she said that they can tell a real marriages
          from a fake, I guess we will see what happens this week..

Comment

Insurance is seen as good evidence- you should be covered under your husband's health insurance and if your husband has life insurance- you should be named as his beneficiary if anything should happen to him. The army should also have documentation naming you as his beneficiary or "next of kin". Get the official documents or letter stating that fact.

Comment

Thanks mrs mani
              I went through everything again and yea everything you just named I have.. I'm hoping that right after the interview I can put in my citizenship paper work.. I have decided that I am going to the military also so I'm waiting for citizenship for the job I want... Anyways I'll update about what happen tommorrow... Thanks again Brit and mrs mani

Comment

A few more documents can be very helpful to your I-751 interview. You can bring the following, in addition to the other documents mentioned:

1. joint tax returns for as many years as you have with your husband
                2. Original pictures together, including your wedding day and also recent pictures with family or friends.
                3. Letters written by friends and family that state that they know you and your husband are married in good faith. These letters need a signature, statement as to how they know you or your husband or both, whether they are green card holders or US citizens and good phone number they can be reached at in case the officer wants to confirm information with them.
                You can also attach a photo ID (like driver's license) to each statement. These letters can be notarized but in my immigration law office, we usually do not require that they be notarized.

For your next after the I-751 interview, Please check out http://www.needimmigrationhelp.com for FAQ's about US citizenship, since you mentioned that you would be filing for US citizenship soon. The exact link is
                http://www.needimmigrationhelp.../faq-citizenship.htm

Sincerely,
                Lena Korial-Yonan, Esq.
                Lena Korial-Yonan, PA
                http://www.needimmigrationhelp.com
                9425 Craven Rd, Ste #5
                Jacksonville, Florida 32257

The above is not intended as legal advice and an attorney client relationship has not been created.

Comment

and if you are missing any pictures or letters, etc, no doubt good ole Lena can supply them.....for a price...

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
                    and if you are missing any pictures or letters, etc, no doubt good ole Lena can supply them.....for a price... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any lawyer who does so isn't a lawyer but a fraudster. And if anyone knows any attorney who does the same should be reported to the authorities, not baselessly charged on an internet forum like this one. It's a little wonder though for a bleeding-heart grandma like you.

Comment

Well guys woohoo I got my ten year green card coming in the mail... She was trying to be soo straight faced and mean but soon as we sat down and i gave her all my evidence she looked at it for 2 min and started playing with my son hehe.... She said she's been working for immigration for so long that it's good to see people that marriages are for real.. She said that alot of marriages that comes across her desk she's turned down alot that she's interview.... So I'm sitting here reallllly happy...

Comment

baby, my only problem that I do not have photos with my wife. it might be wered, but I really not that photo type of person guy.
                        what do you think
                        i have an interview next month

Comment

Heya well I didn't have alot of pictures I only really had the marriage and my sons birth pics, and a christmas ball pic from a military dance we went to... I don't take pics either..

Comment

They don't look at the pictures much if at all.
                            "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

thank you Baby
                              Thank you Brit4064 for your answer

god willing everything will be ok

thanks for you guys

Comment

Working...
                              X