Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"intent to immigrate" question. Any help, greatly appreicate it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "intent to immigrate" question. Any help, greatly appreicate it.

I filed a I-130 & I-485 to apply for a green card for my Mom 3 days after she came to visit me on a B-2 visa (I'm a US citizen). Now I've heard that filing an immigration petition right after a visitor visa entry will be considered fraud as "intent to immigrate". Can someone verify for me if this is true? All the discussions I read on this seem to be related to marriage cases. In my case which involves a parent, if it does have fraud, it is as serious as a marriage case? What can I do now?

I'm really nervous about my petition and the subsequent interview now. Anybody, please help!

I filed a I-130 & I-485 to apply for a green card for my Mom 3 days after she came to visit me on a B-2 visa (I'm a US citizen). Now I've heard that filing an immigration petition right after a visitor visa entry will be considered fraud as "intent to immigrate". Can someone verify for me if this is true? All the discussions I read on this seem to be related to marriage cases. In my case which involves a parent, if it does have fraud, it is as serious as a marriage case? What can I do now?

I'm really nervous about my petition and the subsequent interview now. Anybody, please help!

Comment

yes its true, You can send them back when their visitor period expires and then keep the process alive. They should not over stay.Simple.
      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Thanks Mohan, for your reply. I appreciate it.

You suggested to let my Mom leave the country first. But I filed I-485 AOS for my Mom, that means I'm applying for a green card while she's in the United States. And I really don't want her to leave now that she's caring for my 4-month old baby. How I regret it that I should have submitted the application say, 3 months after her arrival on a B-2 visa. Then that will be less suspicious.

Can you tell me what's the chances that my petion for my Mom will be denied simply because I filed the application too soon after her arrival on a B-2 visa? Have you ever heard any similar case being denied? Is there anything else to do other than to let her leave the country? Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
        X