Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputation in another country while on green card

Hi,

I m hired by a company here but that company won't agree to pay me according to standardz here, rather, they want to pay according to the standardz of the country(pakistan). As a result, my pay here will be about $13k/anum while i'll hold a responsible title in an IT firm. My question is, Is there any limit on income while you are deputed outside united states(since my taxes will be payed here and i'll need that when applying for citizenship)? If yes, what kind of scale is followed?

If anyone knowz about it, plz help.
    thanx.

Hi,

I m hired by a company here but that company won't agree to pay me according to standardz here, rather, they want to pay according to the standardz of the country(pakistan). As a result, my pay here will be about $13k/anum while i'll hold a responsible title in an IT firm. My question is, Is there any limit on income while you are deputed outside united states(since my taxes will be payed here and i'll need that when applying for citizenship)? If yes, what kind of scale is followed?

If anyone knowz about it, plz help.
    thanx.

Comment

You are definitely being taken advantage of. As I understand (not a lawyer), for most types of work visas, the employer has to prove that they couldn't find an American to do the same job and that they are paying prevailing American wages. You should check out Monster.com. They have a salary survey. I'm not sure who you could complain to, though. What type of visa are you on? That would help anyone who knows more about this.

Comment

IF you are hired by this company then only, you can have the salary of the native country if you are intr-company transfer or on temporaty transfered within the same company but overseas branch.

Comment

Working...
        X