Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOES ANYONE HAVE STATUS ON 245I???

posted December 20, 2002 07:09 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I HAVE BEEN WITH MY HUSBAND FOR 2 1/2 YEARS AND WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED 6 MONTHS. HE IS AN ILLEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANT WHO HAS BEEN HERE FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS WORKING FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER THE WHOLE TIME. I AM AN AMERICAN BORN US CITIZEN

WE HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD SON TOGETHER AND IT JUST SEEMS THERE SHOULD BE SOME WAY FOR HIM TO BECOME LEGAL. HE HAS NEVER BEEN IN ANY TROUBLE!!

WE SEEN AN IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO AND SHE SAID OUR ONLY HOPE IS TO WAIT FOR THE 245I LEGISLATION TO RE-OPEN UP OR FOR A SIMILAR PEICE OF LEGISLATION TO COME UP.

WE KEEP WAITING AND WAITING TO NO AVAIL. I KEEP CHECKING THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY POSSIBLE NEWS BUT DONT SEE ANYTHING BREWING. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING????

posted December 20, 2002 07:09 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I HAVE BEEN WITH MY HUSBAND FOR 2 1/2 YEARS AND WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED 6 MONTHS. HE IS AN ILLEGAL MEXICAN IMMIGRANT WHO HAS BEEN HERE FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS WORKING FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER THE WHOLE TIME. I AM AN AMERICAN BORN US CITIZEN

WE HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD SON TOGETHER AND IT JUST SEEMS THERE SHOULD BE SOME WAY FOR HIM TO BECOME LEGAL. HE HAS NEVER BEEN IN ANY TROUBLE!!

WE SEEN AN IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO AND SHE SAID OUR ONLY HOPE IS TO WAIT FOR THE 245I LEGISLATION TO RE-OPEN UP OR FOR A SIMILAR PEICE OF LEGISLATION TO COME UP.

WE KEEP WAITING AND WAITING TO NO AVAIL. I KEEP CHECKING THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY POSSIBLE NEWS BUT DONT SEE ANYTHING BREWING. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING????

Comment

he would have to adjust his status to that of lawfully admitted for permanent residency as the spouse of a U.S. citizen, if he were in any status now at any time before.

As an out-of-status alien (especially if he "sneaked" in without inspection or permission to enter on a temporarily basis), there is technically no way as far as I know. Especially for someone who's been here for only 5-6 yrs.

He is removable at this time and as far as I can see there is no relief form available to him (he'd need to be here a minimum of 10 yrs. and show "some" extreme circumstances his removal would cause to you or his U.S. citizen child).

I'd just wait at this time and participate in your local government forming (= VOTE!)

Comment

Why don't you all go back to Mexico. You hasve a kid there that will be a Mexican citizen. Then have the Mexican government pay all your hospital costs. Then have them give you food stamps and WIC and free medical care for you and the kid until he turns 18. Be sure and let all these whining immigrants from mexico that are here know how well all that works out for you.Maybe then they will shut up.

Comment

Why didn't you apply for an adjustment of status for your husband last April 30, 2001? That was the deadline for the 245(i) amnesty! what were you doing during that time?!?!?!

Comment

WELL IN RESPONSE TO GUEST6. I WILL NOT MOVE TO MEXICO AS I WAS BORN HERE AND AM NOT OF HISPANIC ORIGIN. I LOVE WHERE I LIVE, LOVE MY JOB AND HAVE VERY AMERICAN VALUES. JUST BECAUSE I FELL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE WHO IS NOT THE SAME AS ME DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO MOVE TO MEXICO.

AS FOR YOUR REFERENCE THAT WE RECEIVE ALL KINDS OF PUBLIC BENEFITS.........FYI.........WE PROBABLY MAKE MORE MONEY FROM YOU AND OWN OUR OWN HOME, VEHICLES, ETC.

SORRY YOUR LIFE IS SO SAD YOU MUST HATE ON OTHERS.............

Comment

WE WERE NOT YET SURE THAT OUR RELATIONSHIP WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO GET MARRIED AT THE TIME 245I WAS AVAILABLE HAD WE GOT MARRIED.

HAD WE RUSHED INTO IT JUST SO HE COULD BECOME LEGAL, THAT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN RIGHT IN MY OPINION.

I THINK THAT IT WASN'T MEANT FOR PEOPLE TO GO OUT AND HURRY AND GET MARRIED JUST SO THEY COULD FILE IMMIGRATION STATUS. WE REALLY WANTD TO MAKE SURE FIRST THAT WE WANTED TO SPEND OUR LIVES TOGETHER DESPITE ALL THE IMMIGRATION JUNK.

Comment

I heard that 245(i) will be back in 1st quarter of 2003 but I am not sure if this news is valid; perhaps a rumor.

Comment

no need for 245i if you are the spouse of a USC

Comment

Kevin, I am sorry to say but you are wrong..........If her spouse entered without inspection there is NO relief for him.....The only relief for him would be the 245....I know I am in the same situation and facing same problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X