Marry after receiving IV visa ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marry after receiving IV visa ?

I'm chen. I'm about to receive an IV visa under Family 1A category. If I marry AFTER receiving the visa, but BEFORE entering the US, will my wife be eligible for a deliverative or follow-to-join IV visa ?

I'm chen. I'm about to receive an IV visa under Family 1A category. If I marry AFTER receiving the visa, but BEFORE entering the US, will my wife be eligible for a deliverative or follow-to-join IV visa ?

Comment

No she will not and you can also be in problem. It will be good for you to wait. Get your immigrant visa and Visit the United States so that your Passport will be stamped for Permanent resident. Then you can go back and get married.
      Once you get married before you came to the United States on Immigrant Visa, your category will be automatically changed.
      I will be in your own interest not to get marry under these circumstances, unless you get your GC. Thereafter you can sponsor you wife, although there is a long wait for spouses of LPR still that is the proper way.
      Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, Umesh. Sorry for my bad English.

Comment

What does the 1A category stand for? Minor unmarried children of USC?

Comment

Family 1 : USC's unmarried sons and daughters who are 21 years old or older !

Comment

Working...
            X