B1/B2 to F1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 to F1

I have a brother that is visiting me from another Country. Can he change his status from Visitor to Student. I have heard conflicting answers. I have talked tro some immigration lawyers and some say yes it can be done and some say that after sept 11th they have changed it so that a person has to get a student visa from the home country. Any help would be appreciated. Thnaks

I have a brother that is visiting me from another Country. Can he change his status from Visitor to Student. I have heard conflicting answers. I have talked tro some immigration lawyers and some say yes it can be done and some say that after sept 11th they have changed it so that a person has to get a student visa from the home country. Any help would be appreciated. Thnaks

Comment

It is possible if your brother told the INS office at the POE that it's his intention to come here and study, and if the officer made a notation on the back of the I-94.

It may also be possible if he came here as a tourist, and then decided to apply to go to university while in the US. He'd have to prove all this to INS, and it may be difficult. Could be worth a try though.

Comment

Working...
      X