Naturalisation and job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalisation and job

I have applied to be us citizen, I got green card in 1997 via job certification. However when i arrived in us I had an accident and could not work for 6 months, Then I started my own business from home when I was well and able to work and have been successful now for 6 years,
    Will this cause me a problem at my Citizenship interview as I never took the original job, I have obeyed all laws and filed all tax returns etc.

I have applied to be us citizen, I got green card in 1997 via job certification. However when i arrived in us I had an accident and could not work for 6 months, Then I started my own business from home when I was well and able to work and have been successful now for 6 years,
    Will this cause me a problem at my Citizenship interview as I never took the original job, I have obeyed all laws and filed all tax returns etc.

Comment

Once you receive(d) your permanent residency card (in 1997), you're free to work for whom ever you wish (self-employement included). With that great work history, there is nothing in your way of naturalization. Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X