Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For help: H1B visa not stamped at the consulate!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For help: H1B visa not stamped at the consulate!

Dear all,

I am a non-EU citizen currently living in an EU country. I recently went to a US consulate with my the I-797 to get my visa stamped. But failed to get it.

Before the interview, a lady, who colected forms, fees, etc, gave me a note beginning with: your visa application needs several weeks to process .... Please answer the following questions....

After I answered the questions and hand in them to the lady, she gave me another note beginning with: In order to continue processing your application, we need a soft copy of your CV, list of publications, ..., sent to us by email....

The interview lasted less than 30 seconds: how long are you going to stay? where is your wife? do you have children?

After the interview, they told me they need more information from the states to make a decision.

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE:
    Is this a more/new procedure, and what is it?
    How long I should wait?

Thanks!

Dear all,

I am a non-EU citizen currently living in an EU country. I recently went to a US consulate with my the I-797 to get my visa stamped. But failed to get it.

Before the interview, a lady, who colected forms, fees, etc, gave me a note beginning with: your visa application needs several weeks to process .... Please answer the following questions....

After I answered the questions and hand in them to the lady, she gave me another note beginning with: In order to continue processing your application, we need a soft copy of your CV, list of publications, ..., sent to us by email....

The interview lasted less than 30 seconds: how long are you going to stay? where is your wife? do you have children?

After the interview, they told me they need more information from the states to make a decision.

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE:
    Is this a more/new procedure, and what is it?
    How long I should wait?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X