Spouse Visa Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Visa Questions

I have been living in the U.K. for the past three years as a student. I got married two weeks ago and my scottish husband and I want to move to America. We are fileing the I-30 form for me and the G-325A for the both of us.

My question is do we need to fill out the I-751 form for marriges under 2 years?, one web site said we needed it but when I called the American embassy in London Visa service and they said they have never heard of it.

Some other questions:

Does anyone know if spouse visas usually go through, or are there alot of complication?

Once we arrive on a Immigation Visa how long will it take before he can work?

Cheers for any help.

I have been living in the U.K. for the past three years as a student. I got married two weeks ago and my scottish husband and I want to move to America. We are fileing the I-30 form for me and the G-325A for the both of us.

My question is do we need to fill out the I-751 form for marriges under 2 years?, one web site said we needed it but when I called the American embassy in London Visa service and they said they have never heard of it.

Some other questions:

Does anyone know if spouse visas usually go through, or are there alot of complication?

Once we arrive on a Immigation Visa how long will it take before he can work?

Cheers for any help.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I am an American Citizen, and we are planning on moving to Texas.

Comment

you are filing I-130 not I-30 and I-751 ($ 145 FEES)is for removal of condition.this form need tofile after your husband gets his green card and marriage should be two years old.
        You don't need to file this form right now.
        Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

So you are saying we can apply for the I-751 after we are living in america, when our marriage is 2 years old.

I just read that people waiting for their visa to go through can use the I-765 , Application for Employment form. Would that make it possible for the two of us to move prior to the 6-9 months a visa usually takes?

Comment

I'm sure you can get the answers here at ILW, but have you also tried asking questions on:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
            X