Marriage to an Illegal alien....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage to an Illegal alien....

My Boyfreind came here 1 year ago on Visitor visa and then he overstayed his visa, Now we are married.Can he still adjust his status while in USA?? or he has to go back home cos he was here illegally for almost an year, please help.
    Thanks

My Boyfreind came here 1 year ago on Visitor visa and then he overstayed his visa, Now we are married.Can he still adjust his status while in USA?? or he has to go back home cos he was here illegally for almost an year, please help.
    Thanks

Comment

I guess he can adjust his status because he entered the country LEGALLY in the first place.

Comment

I am assuming that you are a U.S. citizen. If you are, then yes, he can Adjust Status.

Comment

Why can someone who comes here on a visa but overstays adjust but someone who comes without inspection can't? Overstaying a visa is just as illegal and entering without inspection. Most of the terrorists entered with visas. I have always despised the race card and think that people play it up too much, etc, but this seems a little fishy to me. I see it as a way to make it harder for Mexicans to get residence. I mean, they are the most likely to enter without inspection, considering they share a border with us. I don't think that INS is being fair by saying that a visa overstayer has more of a right to residence than one who snuck over the border. Duh. Who's going to give a poor Mexican a tourist visa so he can come and overstay. Why not give it to a literate European, so if he does overstay, at least he's white. Just kind of makes me mad.

Comment

Working...
          X