Marriage & illegal presence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage & illegal presence?

Getting married to an USC after illegal presence. Any danger? Will a lawyer be needed too?

Getting married to an USC after illegal presence. Any danger? Will a lawyer be needed too?

Comment

I think this depends on how you entered the country. If you entered legally, you may be alright. I would consult an lawyer on this, but if your only violation is an overstay, it is forgiven when you marry a USC. Check out the gov. website at www.immigration.gov, and go to 'how do I' I think, it is there.
      Good luck

Comment

gigi is right... yet we need a little more information - i.e. How did you come in? How long did you stay? Are you still in the USA? The answers to these questions will affect your circumstances, but either way, as long as you are married to a USC you should be fine - you just might need a little more patience under certain circumstances.

(Oh and by the way - ignore guest... s/he says that to everyone regardless or status, concern, or anything else.... I am beginning to think that s/he is autistic, or perhaps obsessive compulsive? Or has some sort of disorder of which reptition is a symptom.)

Comment

Working...
        X