Fiancee overstayed + Passport stolen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiancee overstayed + Passport stolen

I want to get married to my out of status girlfriend for real marriage reasons. She entered legally and had an I-94 that proved entrance. She overstayed her visa duration and whomever stole her passport tried to enter the US which immediately meant her visa was cancelled.

Do the steps begin with filing the I-201 getting married and then asking for mea culpa?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

I want to get married to my out of status girlfriend for real marriage reasons. She entered legally and had an I-94 that proved entrance. She overstayed her visa duration and whomever stole her passport tried to enter the US which immediately meant her visa was cancelled.

Do the steps begin with filing the I-201 getting married and then asking for mea culpa?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Comment

What kind of visa did she have?

Did the theft happen before or after the experation?

Did she file a report with the police and/or INS?

Did she contact her embassy to reissue her passport?

You can go ahead and get married, than file for AOS. The theft of the passport is aggrevating for the approval but I'm sure there is a way around.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigra...pbb2/index.php

Comment

The best thing to do is to document the stolen passport as stated above. Marriage will cure the overstay.

Let me know if you have any questions: info@myronmorales.com

Comment

It was a B1 visa and was stolen before she became out of status - She has the police report filed in the US and is still here (without passport or visa). She did not know how to handle the situation and now has been out of status for awhile now.

OY!

From what I understand, marriage is marriage...Immigration issues are not reprieved because of matrimony, and that's ok, but I am looking for path of least resistance...Help!

Comment

You can go ahead and marry and afterwards file the AOS package, include a detailed explanation of what exactly happened to the passport along with copies of the policereport.

Contact her embassy to reissue her a new passport as she will need copies of it to file along with the AOS.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigra...pbb2/index.php

Comment

Working...
            X