RE: CSPA Eligibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: CSPA Eligibility

I am a little confused with the verbage regarding the CSPA and all ammendments made to it. Maybe someone here would be able to answer my question. I would appreciate any feedback.

I was aged out during my father's Labor Certification Process which took almost 3 years (June 1996 - Feb1999). By the time his I-140 was filed I was already 22. Country of chargeability is Philippines and at the time Priority Dates were all current so there was minimal wait for visa availability. He filed his I-485 in Nov. 2001 and received his greencard within the month.

I have read some of the cases here but none are similar to mine. My question is:

According to CSPA, my interpretation is that if according to the standard calculation I am determined to be over 21, I would be adjusted to a category of F2B while retaining my father's priority date. Does this apply to me?

I am a little confused with the verbage regarding the CSPA and all ammendments made to it. Maybe someone here would be able to answer my question. I would appreciate any feedback.

I was aged out during my father's Labor Certification Process which took almost 3 years (June 1996 - Feb1999). By the time his I-140 was filed I was already 22. Country of chargeability is Philippines and at the time Priority Dates were all current so there was minimal wait for visa availability. He filed his I-485 in Nov. 2001 and received his greencard within the month.

I have read some of the cases here but none are similar to mine. My question is:

According to CSPA, my interpretation is that if according to the standard calculation I am determined to be over 21, I would be adjusted to a category of F2B while retaining my father's priority date. Does this apply to me?

Comment

No.

Comment

Working...
      X