fastes way to bring wife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastes way to bring wife

I am trying to find this out for my cousin who just got married back home and his status is LPR. What would be the fastest way for him to bring his wife to US. And how long would it take. We are in Illinois.

I am trying to find this out for my cousin who just got married back home and his status is LPR. What would be the fastest way for him to bring his wife to US. And how long would it take. We are in Illinois.

Comment

the waiting time for an immigrant visa and gc is about 5 years. She would/will have a tough time getting a tourist or student visa. Having her come on a tourist visa and staying is illegal.

Comment

Ask your cousion to file I130 for his wife as LPR. His wife will have to waite for 3 years before she gets V visa. If your cousion becomes USC before three years, he can upgrade his I130 by sending INS copy of naturalization certificate and his wife will come quikly. There is no way that she can come before three years.

Comment

Unfortunately there aren't any ways to bring your spouse to the U.S. faster if you are a permanent resident. The wait is generally 5 to 8 years.

And, as far as I know, you can't apply for the nonimmigrant V visa. One of the requirements of the V-visa is that is a relative petition (Form I-130) was filed by the Lawful Permanent Resident spouse on or before December 21, 2000.

Comment

Depending on how long your cousin has been here, he probably won't be able to live with his wife until he has citizenship, so he should become a U.S. citizen as soon as it is possible. Once he does that, he can file a K-3 nonimmigrant visa which would be faster than a green card, and she can adjust her status when she arrives. This option is not available to LPRs.

Comment

Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Spouse (Husband or Wife) to Live in the United States

This information is for U.S. citizens and LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENTS who wish to petition for or "sponsor" a spouse (husband or wife) to live permanently in the U.S.

If you are applying to bring your spouse to the U.S. to live, you will need to file the following with the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services:

What do I file?

*Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with all required documentation

*A copy of your birth certificate showing your name, or your U.S. passport

*If you are a citizen and were not born in the United States, a copy of either
              -your Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or
              -your U.S. passport

*If you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR), a copy of your alien registration receipt card

*Two completed and signed G-325A's (one for you and one for your spouse)

*A copy of your civil marriage certificate

*A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees that would show that any previous marriage entered into by you or your spouse was ended legally

*A color photo of you and one of your spouse (see Form I-130 instructions for photo requirements for details)

Copy and Pasted from this website:

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm

good luck!

Comment

The fasted way to bring your spouse to the U.S will be by Air, and how long it takes depends on where she lives but my suggestion is to try to take direct flight.

Comment

Working...
                X